Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Leon's Growing Rack of Ouch, FUCK, My Back!

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
I velcro'd in the stuff to the drawer.

The D11 Loop Expander switches between the E530 and Mesa Studio pre's, and the Twin-City splits the output into two fully loaded signals to feed both sides of my Mesa 2:90. Not really stereo, but 180w mono to two cabs, a Mesa 4x12 and either my Avatar 2x12 (6x12 setup for big stages) or my Mesa 1x12 (personal monitor) :metal:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I thought so, too, but then, I run them basically in the same place :lol:. I really like the 'Contour' button. I had it off initially, but then I accidentally hit it during practice with the band, and BOOSH it was awesome. It makes things sound a bit wonky when jamming by myself, but in a band context, you really jump out in the mix.

Seriously tasty rig man:metal: I've got a 2:90 as well and it fucking rules:yesway: Would love to add a 530 to my rig:agreed:
I really like my Randall RT2/50 too (from my previous TriAxis rack), but when I A/B'd them, the 2/50 has been on the shelf since :lol:

#6 ·
No rig will ever look cooler!

Those lights are actually in storage in OH, still. I have re-bought the power amp, the FX I gave to my dad, and I think that X2 wireless is also kicking around in storage. I miss that TriAxis for sure, and now that I've got a 2:90, damn skippy I'm itchy for another :)

#12 ·
Did you get the ENGL footswitch? That's the only shitty part about some ENGLs, the footswitch is not included and is $200 extra. The e530 is technically sort of a four channel amp, but the first two channels and the second two channels share EQs.

I always run the contour activated on ENGLs. Sounds good to me. The e530 is super similar to the preamp section of the Savage and The Blackmore, which are both great amps.

e530 is a killer pre for sure, I think both Children of Bodom guys have them in their live rigs, and most of the Edguy records are e530. Haven't paid attention to Edguy forever, but Hellfire Club and stuff around that era is e530 and sounds great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.