Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know this isn't the first thread I'll make. :lol:

I need some effects now. The 2101 is no good through a loop, and I want to keep my old rack in tact for my second cab.

That said, what's decent around $500? I had an 1101 and didn't mind it, but the G-Major seems like a more popular choice.

If I had my druthers, I'd prefer something on the floor. I don't need any amp models and all that jive, I just want a pure effects unit. I'm not real big on a billion pedals/pedalboards, either.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a GNX3 collecting dust in my basement, which is close to it. Too much modeling, I don't want to have to wade through all of that extra stuff that I don't need. I really want to buy one thing that does the job well, but can't afford a G-System. :(

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
You want the Nova system, dude. Wicked piece of engineering, sounds bloody fantastic, but it's all usable unlike some of the more mental multi-effects.

In my experience Line 6 stuff doesn't get on with valve heads as well I would like. Sure Drew will chime in on that too actually...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more I read about the Nova, the more I think it's exactly what I want for my price range. :yesway:

I'll let a couple more people chime in, and then I'm going to order something before I go to bed tonight. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Get a GMajor. Tuner, FX up the whazoo, gate, etc.

Though, I did the Mesa+precariouslyperched2spacefxpowerrack thing for a long time, and man, that shit is NOT fun to gig with :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I've heard great things about the G-Major. The Nova looks very promising as well.

I'm not much of an effects guy, I use a little bit of delay and a little bit of reverb. Hell, my favorite piece of equipment for the longest time was an Alesis Midiverb that I used back in the mid '90's.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For rhythms, I like 'em dry, but for leads I like to go back and forth between something tasteful with a little verb and compression, and something ridiculous-yet-fun with lots of delay and silly shit.

For cleans, chorus and the occasional light phaser really does it for me. :wub:

·
18,790 Posts
Anything TC Electronics is going to be beautiful. Their effects are phenomenal top to bottom.

The Line6 stuff seems to get used a lot for certain functionality (looping, etc.), and for people who prefer an all pedal setup over racks.

But really, those are the two most used brands in multi-effects that you see in most pro setups. TC for racks, Line6 for floor. Until you get into the higher priced stuff, then it's an increasing amount of Axe-FX lately :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'm wondering how the Nova system works with the roadster's fx loop. Aren't Noodles and Mike running G-majors?

I'd buy a multi-fx-sans-amp-models if I thought I'd get my money's worth out of it :)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm constantly underwhelmed by Line6 stuff. It's not that I dislike it, I'm just never blown away. I've owned two pod XTs and Steve's old XT Pro, and I have a UX1 sitting on the desk next to me. Modelers just aren't my thing, they seem to do a lot of things decently but nothing extremely well.

Does L6 even make a pure effects unit?

·
18,790 Posts
I'm constantly underwhelmed by Line6 stuff. It's not that I dislike it, I'm just never blown away. I've owned two pod XTs and Steve's old XT Pro, and I have a UX1 sitting on the desk next to me. Modelers just aren't my thing, they seem to do a lot of things decently but nothing extremely well.

Does L6 even make a pure effects unit?
Yep:

As I said, the TC stuff sounds better, but the Line6 stuff fills a certain gap in the marketplace for people who want a floor system with a certain "feel", without amp models.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts