Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is so underrated. Almost never mentioned in GNR threads. I remember how much we looked forward to this with anticipation back in the late 80's. "New Guns n' Roses, man? Can't wait!" What terrific acoustic jams, even if the album was kinda like a double EP. The old live stuff was great, too.

Discuss, Broheims! And enjoy. ;)

NWS (Language)

ACOUSTIC

LIVE LIKE A FUCKIN' SUICIDE

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Oh, god, I fucking despised that shitty album. I remember how disappointed we were when that got dropped on the market like a fat, smelly turd. :noway:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 bowl of cheerios? Check.
1 fat steamer deposited in said Cheerios? Check.

It's Scotch o'clock, too. Color me disappointed. :(

I guess I'll enjoy the tunes by my lonesome without my pal. :metal:

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 bowl of cheerios? Check.
1 fat steamer deposited in said Cheerios? Check.

It's Scotch o'clock, too. Color me disappointed. :(

I guess I'll enjoy the tunes by my lonesome without my pal. :metal:
dude that album rocked one of the first full albums I learned all the way threw on acoustic back in high school . use to blow people away how quick I picked it up and had it down lots of jamming parties drinking drunk and hot ass women DAmn those was the days!!!!!:yesway::cool:

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
I'm with you on this one Boober, very underrated imo. but I was 10 so this was the coolest thing ever at the time.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love this album. It was a great bridge between the awesomeness that was Appetite and the awesomeness that was Use Your Illusion.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
yeah, I'd call it good tactics from gn'r. Lies is not up to par with those, but letting people get a breather between those two was great.
I like UYI better than Appetite though, It was more mature and refined somehow.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like Appetite more personally, but I totally agree with you, and see your point. I've always felt the same way.

I mean, it's a cunt hair's difference with me.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I've gotta be honest... I was really excited for this to come out, and then I was totally disappointed when I got the tape. The only thing cool about it to me was the newspaper like fold-out, and the only song I liked was "Patience", and that was half-heartedly.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm.

I liked everything when I got the tape. (god, we're old :lol:) I must have listened to that damn tape 50 times, until I got the CD.

I really liked 'One In A Million' 'cuz it was so provocative. :D

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I haven't listened to this in forever. I do remember it was pretty good for what it was, a bunch of acoustic and live songs. Yeah I had the tape version. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I *LOVE* Used To Love her. Fucking hilarious song, especially the electric live version.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts