Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Saw this on the news. Isn't there a class-action lawsuit against this? I think what I heard and that I think is interesting is that they are not looking for a payout, but for them to actually step up and make their "beef" product better, or disclose what it really is.

Just reinforces why I don't eat a lot of this stuff.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait you guys didn't know?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait you guys didn't know?
A girl I went to high school with told me like 15 years ago that Taco Bell uses "Grade D beef". I said "What the hell is that?" and she said it is the same meat they use in dog food.

I've been turned off ever since then, whether it was true or not. Take a can of Alpo, mash it up and stick it on a Meximelt, heat it up, and tell me it's not eerily similar.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A girl I went to high school with told me like 15 years ago that Taco Bell uses "Grade D beef". I said "What the hell is that?" and she said it is the same meat they use in dog food.

I've been turned off ever since then, whether it was true or not. Take a can of Alpo, mash it up and stick it on a Meximelt, heat it up, and tell me it's not eerily similar.
How would you know about the last part.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I kicked the Taco Bell habit when I got food poisoning there twice. :noplease:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The lawsuit claims that Taco Bell's "taco meat filling" includes only 36% actual beef... the rest is the fillers listed above. USDA says that for something to be called "beef" it actually has to be 100% beef. Even for something to be called "meat" requires 40% meat content.

Taco Bell is responding:

Taco Bell President Responds To "Meat Filling" Lawsuit - The Consumerist

At Taco Bell, we buy our beef from the same trusted brands you find in the supermarket, like Tyson Foods. We start with 100 percent USDA-inspected beef. Then we simmer it in our proprietary blend of seasonings and spices to give our seasoned beef its signature Taco Bell taste and texture. We are proud of the quality of our beef and identify all the seasoning and spice ingredients on our website. Unfortunately, the lawyers in this case elected to sue first and ask questions later - and got their "facts" absolutely wrong. We plan to take legal action for the false statements being made about our food.
Kinda reminds me of a year or two ago when they stopped being able to call Pringles "potato crisps" in the UK because they don't contain enough potato. :ugh:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
I think I might join the suit. I don't want money either. I just want them to bring back the bacon cheese burger burrito. :yesway:

Fuck it. My arteries are probably pooched already.

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts