Most important guitarists of all of time:

Hendrix>EVH>Weezy

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Matt C said:
This one is better than Mastodon.
Only because EVERYTHING is better than Mastadon.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
assuming he isn't deluded and actually believes he is some kind of guitar king, I kinda admire his balls playing a solo that badly in front of that many people, all knowing he is that shit.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Like his fan base knows what a guitar solo is. He is always trying to play guitar, he just needs to leave solos up to Prince.

assuming he isn't deluded and actually believes he is some kind of guitar king, I kinda admire his balls playing a solo that badly in front of that many people, all knowing he is that shit.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

Unfortunately there are some extremely talented players amongst the brain dead annals of rap 'music'. Of all people, Flava Flav is capable of playing something like 15 instruments, WELL.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Hey, his Santana impression is getting better!

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
There is some great hip hop with good guitarists. This is one of my favorite hip hop artists:

I really like the guitar playing in it, and the lyrics are really good!

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Every time Little Wayne attempts to plays a guitar solo, Jimi Hendrix Rolls over in his grave

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Unfortunately there are some extremely talented players amongst the brain dead annals of rap 'music'.
The mass-produced stuff that most people hear on a daily basis definitely fits your description, no doubt, but just like any other genre it can be done well. There is plenty of musical value to appreciate if you just look hard enough for it. There is some seriously awesome music in underground hip-hop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts