Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say what you want about Line 6's Helix modeling, I'm still unsure of it myself. But this sure is a cute little fucker, and the price ($599) is certainly right.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
My brother in law jumped into the Helix thing with both feet. I'm still not convinced on the amp or cabinet modeling, but the effects, build quality and the UI are top notch. I'm not in a position where I have much use for multi effects pedal unless it's got good amp modeling (otherwise I'll just use my analog pedal board) but the Helix FX seemed to be worth while for people in the market for JUST effects and this even moreso.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Im trying to find info about it but seems some sites "leaked it" too early and now the pages cant be found.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im trying to find info about it but seems some sites "leaked it" too early and now the pages cant be found.
So, basically it's:
  1. A one-proc Helix
  2. Smaller chassis (obviously)
  3. Cut down IO
  4. Still has USB 4x4 audio interface
  5. Still has same modeling as bigger Helix
  6. limited to 6-blocks at a time (due to single processor)

That's all I gathered.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Didn't realize this has amp modeling. Might not be bad as a jam space thing, just for the size of the footprint. Sounds like it does 4 cable method too?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I would break those knobs/the mobo. My bigsky is proof :lol:. Definitely a cool idea. Can someone explain the 4x4 usb interface part to me?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
So, basically it's:
  1. A one-proc Helix
  2. Smaller chassis (obviously)
  3. Cut down IO
  4. Still has USB 4x4 audio interface
  5. Still has same modeling as bigger Helix
  6. limited to 6-blocks at a time (due to single processor)

That's all I gathered.
$599 (confirmed on FB by a GC Worker)

This is basically the Big Boys realizing there is huge potential sales for Bedroom/Small Gig/ Fun Practice players to be had. Seems Mooer and Amplifire put things in motion. Headrush also released another small Gig pedal board this week.

I dont know what the Kemper dudes are waiting for to be honest. One day everything will do the same they can do and then it might just be too late.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
I dont know what the Kemper dudes are waiting for to be honest. One day everything will do the same they can do and then it might just be too late.
I've been making threads on official Kemper forum about both a smaller sized floor version, and a 1U rack version for space saving... They dont need profiling feature, just a "Kemper Player" that can load existing profiles. There's plenty enough of that already.
And I'm not gonna stop! Kemper is awesome but for me too big to really take out for gigs. Thats why I'm using GSP1101 live, they are 1U instead of Kempers 3U rack size.

But yeah this HX Stomp looks like something right up my alley: with the midi in/out it's perfect for automated patch changes and everything! So yeah, this is definitely going on my watch list.

Balanced outputs, good.

The Headrush mini version looks like a good contender too, but I prefer the super small size of the HX Stomp!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
^^ I saw the new Headrush unit yesterday, seems smart for these companys to make more portable units with the same power.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't realize this has amp modeling. Might not be bad as a jam space thing, just for the size of the footprint. Sounds like it does 4 cable method too?
Yup, does that. Only has one effects loop, unlike the others. but at its size, I'm surprised it has one at all.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I bought the Helix Stomp. Should be here today. :yesway:
Right behind ya. Except im in god damn canada so... the waiting game.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's OK, you can get Jeff's when he returns it.
Maybe they pre-emptively sent him the one Jeff would have gotten, knowing he wouldn't like it?
:agreed: this is likely the best option; cuts down on shipping! :rofl:

What I failed to mention is that I've already bought and returned an LT a couple weeks ago :lol:

I don't know why I'm admitting to it, other than to say fuck it......you gotta embrace who you are.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I would ask why you returned the LT but then I remembered.....Jeff. :agreed: Ive watched him return stuff for years now, why be shocked?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Yup, does that. Only has one effects loop, unlike the others. but at its size, I'm surprised it has one at all.
I don't quite understand the loop if it's meant to be all-in-one but perhaps it isn't :lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts