Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Yeah, they don't feel great to play, but if you're careful with the gain, you can get usable sounds from it.
You mean gain/10, bass/10, and mids/DOESN'T work? :scratch:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Nearly any amp can sound good when it's played next to a well mixed bass and drum tack.

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
My guitar store working buddy summed it up perfectly last night. There's no such thing as a bad product, just a bad price point. I mean, would anybody even bitch about a Spider II being shit if it was $5?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, they don't feel great to play, but if you're careful with the gain, you can get usable sounds from it.
Totally, I think the problem that people have with some of the Line 6 spider amps is that they try to use one of the factory presets and don’t spend time just making their own channel from scratch? I’ve always had good luck with my old Flextone 2 amps dialing a great tone wasn’t too hard at all, the Soider series amps operate in a similar fashion I’m pretty sure. For a digital amp, you really can get a usable metal tone if you spend a little time tweaking everything. Also, a good speaker cabinet will make all the difference as well. I’ve been using a Spider IV to record with my drummer friend and it always seems to sit in the mix really nicely vs my other tube heads. I know it’s a matter of engineering and mic placement/speaker cabs and good performance, everything is relative. Just play what sounds good to your ears, and you’ll always be happy.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts