Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inb4 :dgaf:

https://www.namm.org/sites/www.namm...ts/wn15/line-6/Line 6 NAMM Press Releases.pdf

-Global EQ finally being added
-3 new amp packs; 1 for high gain amps ('remasted JCM800, 5150, etc), one for vintage amps (Vox AC30, Orange OR80), and a bass amp pack (Ampeg, Gallien Krueger 800RB). The metal and vintage pack will be $50 each, and the bass pack will be $30. Or you can get everything for $100.

They're also introducing another wireless unit, another Amplifi floorboard that has both the XT, X3, and HD modeling, and a vintage-flavored Variax.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
No one gives a shit unless you can load your own IR's. When are they going to wake up and realize this?

:dgaf:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one gives a shit unless you can load your own IR's. When are they going to wake up and realize this?

:dgaf:
I'm in the same boat as you. :lol:

They seem adamant that their onboard cab sims are better than external IRs, though. Which I'm calling bullshit on.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That new floorboard looks interesting… i wonder if it's intended to replace the POD HD500X.

The wireless units look nicely improved, with metal construction, multi-transmitter support and a standard locking cable.

The new firmware for the HD units is cool, but i'm disappointed that they're charging for the new models.

It looks like Yamaha has brought a bit of a focus on quality to Line 6… hopefully this bodes well.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seriously. That's BS. I can't think of another modeling company hat charges for updates.
The update is free, the amp packs aren't. Avid did the same thing with the 11-rack with their expansion pack.

But I agree. They release one of the most-wanted amp sims, then put it behind a $50 paywall. :noway:

Still tempted to try it, though. :(

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

I'll end up shelling out the $100. The bass amp models and 5150 are the things I've always missed from my old X3. I use cab modelling from Amplitube for recording anyways, which sounds much better.

The Yamaha Variax looks nice, too.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You know...THIS is what I've been wishing for. I'm bummed about having to pay, but all I've wanted is an HD series 5150 model. Now that is a reality, with the fact the HD modeling is pretty damn good (not axe-fx good), I may be able to return/sell the 6505+ combo I bought. Choices...

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I'm not aware of any Line 6 product where you can load your own impulses.
My bad, I think you're right.

At the time I was using POD Farm, I think I was loading it into Reaper as a VST with no cab simulation, and then routed it through whatever the Poulin Impulse VST was called.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
You know...THIS is what I've been wishing for. I'm bummed about having to pay, but all I've wanted is an HD series 5150 model. Now that is a reality, with the fact the HD modeling is pretty damn good (not axe-fx good), I may be able to return/sell the 6505+ combo I bought. Choices...
I wouldn't get my hopes up because they "say" its modeled after a 5150. In my experience their Models sound nothing like the real thing. I'm not knocking L6, I still use a Toneport for fucking around and I have always been able to make it sound good enough.

But yeah, I would need to hear it first :lol:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bad joke didn't work. :lol:

Global EQ-Three fully parametric bands plus low and high cut filters, available from an additional Setup menu page; we had to do quite a bit of clever optimization to fit Global EQ, and you might see a tiny bit of extra DSP for other blocks (a few percent perhaps)
Metal Pack ($49)-Peavey 5150 (block logo), Bogner Shiva, Remastered JCM800 (model 2204), plus favorite POD Farm models Insane, Big Bottom, Varaic'ed Plexi, Purge, Aggro, Smash, and Octone
Vintage Pack ($49)-Roland JC-120, Fender Champ (Tweed), Orange OR-80, VOX AC30 Fawn Normal, VOX AC30 Fawn Bright, JC-120 cab, Fender Champ cab, plus POD Farm Acoustic model
Bass Pack ($29)-Ampeg SVT Normal, Ampeg SVT Bright, Gallien-Kruger 800RB, SVT 8x10 cab, SVT 410 HLF cab
Fully Loaded ($99)-All three packs
:shrug:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hmmm and adding the big bottom amp...queue the djent kids upgrading from their xt's/x3 to the hd line.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Axe fx 2 £2000, 17 firmware updates £0

Pod hd pro £500, 17 line 6 updates £1700 (line 6 isn't ever doing 17 updates :lol:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts