Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done any measurements, but I am looking at these from GFS, they're 3.25" long, and I bet its going to be just a bit smaller than the neck pickup in my Texan, I remember some guys saying that lipstick pickups are already long enough to be used on 7 strings, is this true? For $30, if it would fit, I am really interested in trying one out. I am looking for dimensions for 7 string single coils, but am to no avail thus far, I guess I need to measure my pickup in the guitar to see.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Wow, how did you find that?! I searched ALL over SD's site. :lol: Like I thought though, it'll be a bit smaller.... 3.25, rather than 3.42...is that too big a difference or do you think it'll still get all the strings?
I'm just that good. :D

I remembered that from the pickup product pages they have dimension charts if there is a 7-string option. They have two single coils, the SSL-1 and SSL-5, so I went to the SSL-5 page and pulled up the dimensions: Progressive - Custom Staggered SSL-5 - Seymour Duncan/Basslines

I would measure the span of the strings at your desired location for the most accurate answer. I also don't know how far the coils stretch inside the lipstick pickup... the cover could be deceiving?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts