·
Quickly becoming slower
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Mai-Guitar made my Swirl, and was great to deal with. :yesway:

I've bought a bunch of accessories/covers/etc from Perle, and have never had a problem there either. :yesway:

·
Quickly becoming slower
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mai-Guitar made my Swirl, and was great to deal with. :yesway:

I've bought a bunch of accessories/covers/etc from Perle, and have never had a problem there either. :yesway:
Good to know. I plan on building a RG version of the Suhr Guthrie Govan Antique Modern. Instead of basswood though, I may use Swamp Ash.

Do you know if these builders do "regular" paint jobs or only deal in swirls and dyes?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Good to know. I plan on building a RG version of the Suhr Guthrie Govan Antique Modern. Instead of basswood though, I may use Swamp Ash.

Do you know if these builders do "regular" paint jobs or only deal in swirls and dyes?
I kinda sorta have that finish on my orange mutt that Mike painted, sans the top wood.

·
Quickly becoming slower
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kinda sorta have that finish on my orange mutt that Mike painted, sans the top wood.

Ohh, very nice! I would have went with a middle single coil though. :cool: I am also very interested in a recessed Gotoh 510 bridge instead of a double locking setup.

On ET's site, they have this guitar, which is kind of what I am going for, just rear routed.

·
Quickly becoming slower
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could with USA Custom Guitars - The finest custom replacement guitar parts available..

Doing that would leave me with a 22 fretter though. :/ And a block heal instead of an AANJ style heal. He can do the Soloist bodies without the body curves, but instead, with the sleeker lines of the RG, much like a Suhr or Anderson. I just wish he would a do a AANJ! lol Also, he is willing to do a Suhr/Anderson style headstock, which is a plus, since that one and Ibanez's are the best looking ones out the bunch...

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Chris will do solid finishes or trans stuff. In building my 540PII we've discussed a number of finishing options including trans burts or solids. He'll do swamp ash (that's what ym 540PII is made form) and honestly man, I cannot recommend him enough. It isn't finished yet but he's been ridiculously helpful and he's quite the perfectionist. He's made six blanks before finally being happy with the design.

His prices are great and he sends lots and lots of updates, even though I said at the start I wasn't one of those people who wants a daily or weekly diary.

Chris is also the only guy who doesn't have any 'took my money, disappeared, sold my guitar I paid for on eBay later' stories circulating the internet, which is the main reason I chose him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts