Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never took lessons before, I've learned a lot over the years from tabs, videos, songs, books, whatever I could get my hands on. But around these parts I didn't really think there was a teacher that would be able to show me anything that I don't know, or need. For the past hour i've been searching for Live online lessons. I want to have lessons with an actual instructor, who can see and hear me play, and critique my playing. The only thing I've found is Tom Hess, and apparently you pay him $997.00 a month, which not only is retarded, I can not afford. Is there Anything out there like this, that is legit and doesn't cost a fortune?

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I refuse to believe that there is nobody in all of Virginia that is capable of teaching you. :squint:

A friend of mine was getting lessons from Chris Broderick at very reasonable prices 4-5 years ago..he has probably upped the amount by a lot now but back then it was like 50 for an hour or something like that.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I refuse to believe that there is nobody in all of Virginia that is capable of teaching you. :squint:

A friend of mine was getting lessons from Chris Broderick at very reasonable prices 4-5 years ago..he has probably upped the amount by a lot now but back then it was like 50 for an hour or something like that.
Dude, I'm right on the border of NC. I'm in Danville, VA. 45 mins from Greensboro, NC, an hour and a half from Roanoke, VA etc.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chris Broderick still offers lessons when he isn't touring, I catch up with few lessons with him when he's back, although I havn't in recent months because I think he's been really busy with 'deth. Chris is an amazing teacher, he's as knowledgable and passionate about guitar as he's made out to be in interviews etc.

EDIT: The board won't let me post links because I've been a registered member for 0 days! Ha! Anyway, what I tried to post links to Rusty Cooley and Greg Howe's websites as they both offer lessons, just Google those. I've a had a couple of online lessons with Glen Drover in the past but I'm not sure if he's still running them, maybe you could Google his website too. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts