Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was the show with 7 bands: two of them soft rock, two of them pop rock, one of them hard rock, one of them UK-style indies rock, and one of them alternative rock. We, of course, were the only band that was remotely metal, so... we wanted to see how they'd respond. Surprisingly they didn't stone us.

I uploaded three videos, all quite different.

If you want to start out with the very last song we did, which is the last song you would ever expect us to play to a predominently soft rock fanbase, here it is:

If you want one that has a lot of clean vocals and nice melodic parts mixed in with odd time signatures and aggressive... "screaming" and dissonance, here it is:

And, if you want our newest song (that we're playing live, I mean) that is also one of our weirdest with progressive odd time signatures, Japanese scales, Chinese gongs, jazz influence, grindcore, bells, and a lot more, here it is (for example, try to follow the drums in the intro):

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heavy as fuck as always dude. :metal: Your time signatures make my brain hurt. :lol:

Are you playing through a Marshall?
Yes, sir. Yes... I am. :D Usually that blows the minds of the Marshall haters at our shows. "A... Marshall... it's... beautiful..." :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was it just the camera angle? Cuz I swear I didn't see him if he was there :lol:
:lol: Well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment to our overall sound if you couldn't tell there wasn't any bass being played.

We haven't had a bass player for about 6 months now. We've auditioned a bunch of people, but haven't found anyone who can actually play the songs yet. I'm pretty sure I posted a thread on here around the time our bass player quit. He was very very good, but he was also in college and his studies were suffering, so he decided to quit our band and the other music side projects he was doing so he could focus on school.

We'll be recording a new 3 to 4 song demo starting this month and Taka (the other guitarist) will be playing bass on 2 of the songs and I'll be playing bass on either 1 or 2 of the songs (depending on whether we record 3 or 4 songs).

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
AH, I did not catch that thread I think. :lol: But at least he is trying to get a beter education. Still sucks he quit good luck on finding a new bassist though.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
If I lived in Japan I'd buy a bass and try out :pickle:

Plus I could do back up vocals :lol:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You know exactly what I'm going to say

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You know exactly what I'm going to say
:squint: if it is about my post. I had just gotten off work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.