Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, sold 5 Ibanezes. Couple Prestige, a PGM500, a USRG30 copy (that fun maple I bought a few months ago but didn't warm up to)... and of course, it being me, I bought more than I sold (sell, you damn JCustom, SELL!!!!!!). so yeah, here's what I got.

USA custom - Get Me Out Of Here

RG425 with original Edge (not bad for 250 bucks)

RS530 with Powerrocker bridge

RG580B (also not bad for 400 bucks)

540PHH (what can I say. I love 540P's)

RG765 prototype

annnnnnnnd the "you'll poke your eye out" XV500 in Dual Blue Burst

Plus, I have the team of Nate Perle (of Perle Guitars) and Rodney Reams (of Liquid FX Airbrushing) making me another 540PII with mahogany body which will be cleared for a natural finish and reverse headstock and ebony board with white sharktooth inlays. I'm gonna put a set of DiMarzio Air Classics in brushed nickel, a chrome Lo Pro Edge and chrome locking nut/tuners/etc. I'll call her the "NatNick" for Natural Skolnick. :) Should be done by mid-December, hopefully. My Xmas gift to myself.

Last but not least, Rodney is also painting the 540PSH I sent him a lovely seafoam green, since the white faded to a stinky smoker's teeth yellow and had some bumps and bruises on her. I also have a line on another classic 80's Ibanez that hopefully I can procure at some point. It's been a good week. :p

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
I own a marine burst rsII 530.
SHEEEWWWWWT. :p
They are freaking great guitars.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wow... you found a 580B (ballback) for 400 bucks? Nice! Can't say i like any of the others, but whatever floats your boat. :)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Oh right, I've got an '83 Roadstar as well :lol:

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You young punks with your carbon fiber space age bodies and your eleventy strings and your...your...your BLACK! Get off mah damn lawn!!! LOL Ok, one of these is black as well but I got all of these for some good prices so I can't complain. Would love to snag one of these as well ->

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
^ Why not just buy a Jackson RR? Same thing, but not ugly.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I actually like those PL2660s. I like what Ibanez did with the details around the neck/body transition.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts