Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
From the Grave
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here.

Has anyone tried this or one like it? Do they give good precision compared to normal/ gaming mice? Reason i ask is i dont have proper computer desk, and wouldnt mind being able to use it regardless of surface.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm using one of those at work, to try and prevent future carpal tunnel. It took a shitload of getting used to, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. There's no way in hell I could ever game with it though.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My buddy used to love one for CS back when, but I haven't used one in forever

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I've used this type before Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman at TigerDirect.com (it wasn't that actual one, just one like that). It was pretty convenient after I got used to it, though like Chris said, I could never game with it. It was cool because you could set it to un-brake the ball and then spin it all super fast to the bottom of a long folder or list and it would go veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
I was actually considering getting something like this for my next mouse. We had a trackball mouse at the recording studio at school, and I loved it....although I think I was a part of the 5 people who did :lol:

I'm using one of those at work, to try and prevent future carpal tunnel.
Yea, I feel it coming. Maybe this isn't a bad idea after all.

·
IN THE FAAACE!
1,247 Posts
I had one, I dug it. :yesway:

I also used to spin it one way so fast the cursor would go the opposite direction. :lol:

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Used to use a trackball which you would operate with your middle two fingers and normal mice give me wrist problems. It does take a little getting used to but it's just as quick when you do. I now use something that looks like a joystick but you move it like a mouse, as it puts my arm in a more upright position.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I prefer the larger trackballs like the Kensington Expert Mouse or SlimBlade

I've used the smaller ones, but they just feel flimsy. With the bigger ones, you get a bit of "inertia assist" to keep the cursor moving. And they just feel more accurate to me.

And i HATE those thumb-ball mice.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I prefer the larger trackballs like the Kensington Expert Mouse or SlimBlade

I've used the smaller ones, but they just feel flimsy. With the bigger ones, you get a bit of "inertia assist" to keep the cursor moving. And they just feel more accurate to me.

And i HATE those thumb-ball mice.
We have a kingston kicking around here. One of the old Graphic Artists used it. I freaking hate it tho - just feels unnatural. Was a huge PITA using it with photoshop (for me at any rate)

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
It's definitely not the best for things like Photoshop, but for a lot of tasks, it's a great tool. I used to use an old Kensington TurboMouse with a Wacom tablet, and that was ideal. The trackball for general navigation and point/click stuff, and the tablet for gestural stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts