Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuck the online shit, seriously. The people who submit these things must be tonedeaf, because the JON PETTRUCIE EROTUMANYA LEADZOR tone I just downloaded sounds like fucking Keith Richards.

Any of you have a good high gain lead/shred patch? :wub:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Fuck the online shit, seriously. The people who submit these things must be tonedeaf, because the JON PETTRUCIE EROTUMANYA LEADZOR tone I just downloaded sounds like fucking Keith Richards.

Any of you have a good high gain lead/shred patch? :wub:
:lol:

Roll down with the thing tomorrow, we can fuck with it and then you can get loaded with me, The Devil, and his girlfriend while watching the debates. :yesway:

EDIT - and what's wrong with Keith Richards? :fawk:

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
7DT's has a rather good one back on sevenstring.org, but I get what you mean its fucking hard to find ANY decent tone for PODs online let alone a lead tone that doesn't suck major balls!

·
I Am The Tweaker
490 Posts
I've made some pretty decent patches but unfortunately, I'm not the lead player in the band and as such, they might not be quite 'lead' worthy. :ugh:

I gotta agree though, 90% of online patches suck but I'm thinking it's because a lot of people don't want to give away their 'best stuff'. :cool:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Most of the stuff available online sucks because they guys dialling it in are morons, but there's a few other things to consider. After all, a tone dialled in using an alder guitar with Dimarzio's running into a Pod, a Mesa 2:90 and a VHT 4x12 cab is going to sound way different than the sam patch using a basswood guitar with Bare Knuckles, running into a Pod, a Carvin PA amp and a Marshall 2x12 for instance.

Just find something close and tweak away.

·
badman
378 Posts
I don't know if it's good or not, and it's not the latest version of my lead tone, but try mine out. Delay should be on (can't remember if the patch was saved that way though), i think in my newer patches i've knocked the gain and top end back and given it more body, but i have no way of getting the new patch to my computer atm. See if you dig it anyway and have a tweak, i was going for a kind of Petrucci thing with it as well, made for an RG550 with d-sonic/air norton pups :yesway::

Sevenstring.org - Patch Library - Petrucci style Lead/Rhythm

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
7DT's has a rather good one back on sevenstring.org, but I get what you mean its fucking hard to find ANY decent tone for PODs online let alone a lead tone that doesn't suck major balls!
Why thank you sir :D

That patch is pretty thick sounding and sits well in mixes, works well with neck pickups, so give it a shot!

I also have one at home that I've not uploaded that I am partial too which is basically the variax plexi marshall model, with a tube screamer model slammed in front. Can't remember the cab, but it's slightly less fat and more creamy.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Have you tried the "BRIT JM PRE" model (number 23)? It's one of the stock models on the PodXT. To me, it's easily the best-sounding amp model for leads, and you don't even have to use a boost as long as the drive is cranked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts