Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am looking for a new guitar for a while : i could use a little help :).
I am a left handed guitarist, i mostly play metal in dropped tunning (C, B ...), i have an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige since 2007 : i love it, but it doesn't feel my needs.
I have had a LAG Imperator 1000, which i loved (even if it was a bit too short) but i have broken it in a stupid guitar stand accident ....

What i am looking for :
- 24 frets
- Hard tail
- 2 humbuckers (active IF possible)
- "Big" guitar, as i am quite tall
- My budget is around 1000$
- I am open about the shape & look of the guitar

I have found a lot of right-handed models that i love, like the ESP LTD TE-401 or the Chapman Ghostfret ... but i can't find similar models suited for left handed guitarists.

Thank you for reading this message, and thank you in advance for your kind answers.
Cheers,

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Go Warmoth dude :yesway: I think that's one of the best best for lefties, since I know you guys have a very limited options of factory guitars to choose from

If you keep to solid finishes, find used EMGs and hardware (bridge, locking tuners etc etc) you should be able to get an absolute beast of a guitar for $1000.

You wont get a guitar with stainless steel frets anywhere else for that kind of money :yesway:

Here's the only hardtail solid finish Soloist I could find (since I guess you like Ibanez/Jackson style guitars)

Here's one more example (with Floyd tho) because I love white/black super strats :flex:

Here's a lefty. If you're somebody who's into quilt/flame tops you can have something like this. But that could add a couple of $$ on the total price.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thank you for your message :).
I will check this out, but i am a very lame guitar tech so it might as well be a total massacre.

Also, i am not really into the "Strat" look but i didn't have the choice for my previous guitars ;-)

Thanks again,

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for you answer :).
I do check them very often : they have a lot of choice but there is always a problem.
Most often the configuration and price is perfect except for the bridge part : it's quite hard to find a quality left handed guitar without a floyd rose.

Also, i know that Schecter has a large choice of left handed guitars but i haven't found "the one" in their collection.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Warmoth makes other Les Paul and similar to Rhoads/King V as well, among a lot other styles. Not just superstrats :)

Also, a hardtail guitar is super easy to put together. My first Warmoth was a superstrat with Floyd Rose and I didn't even screw that up, with little to no knowledge about guitar teching.

A hardtail puts all trouble with setting up a Floyd aside; just attach the neck, put the bridge and tuners on, and setup a good string height. Nothing too hard at all.

The only thing that could be a challenge is to get the string height at the nut to a good level; you want it as close as possible to the 1st fret without getting buzz. That's a close call from perfect to disaster. If you screw it up you have to get a new nut and start over...

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Older Schecters in the diamond series are awesome. My Blackjack C7 was one of the best guitars I've owned.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I noticed you are from France, but this guy in Portugal is selling this Schecter Blackjack C7 with Duncans for 200€:

http://olx.pt/anuncio/guitarra-sche...nded-canhoto-esquerdo-IDyIbD3.html#fc6e3b6511

I also know a retailer that is selling a BRAND NEW Schecter KM7 white version for 800€ +/- It was for someone that quited. I have pics of that guitar PM and ill send them. Though I have no clue if they are willing to ship it outside of Portugal.

Before inquiring the C7 guy please take notice that we in Portugal are very suspicious of outside people asking to buy stuff, its 90% of time a scam and people are alerted to that. So explain give a link to this thread if you want.

·
2,662 Posts
Yes, that exact one mpexus just linked. That is an incredible guitar, and I guarantee you that you will not find a better guitar for under $1000.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
And for 200€ (250 or less dollars) Its like giving her away. He says he needs the money urgently thats why the low price according to him.

·
2,662 Posts
The 6 string version of that same guitar is also excellent. I've had a few of those. They've consistently been awesome.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Well, i've looked in details the Schecter collection, but the only two models i like are no longer produced :p ...
Thanks for your advices.
I think you will have to open yourself up to buying used. I know from experience that lefty guitars just don't sell so companies don't make many of them and don't keep them in the line very long if they do.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I guess you're right :-( ... i have no problem buying used amps or pedals, but a guitar ...
Thanks for the advice
The only new guitar I have ever had was my first guitar. :shrug:

You can get a lot more value for your money on the used market.

·
Bugera Trirec Infinium 100W 3-Channel Valve Amp He
109 Posts
I know somebody who is getting rid of a 24 fret left hand Gibson SG, I don't know if he has put it up on ebay yet, it's left handed, it's in perfect condition - he bought it and never took it out of the case yet alone played it, I mean there is not a single scratch on it, it's in heritage cherry, has Dirty Fingers pickups, comes with a Gibson deluxe gig bag and not case. I think he also has a Epiphone Les Paul Strandard Pro in cherry burst in equally good condition that he is getting rid of at some point, but that is only 22 frets - he's a pot head so not the fasted at doing things and like to take his sweet time.

The downside is that it is located in the U.K. and I don't think he would ship the SG as it it doesn't have a fitted hardcase on the Gibson deluxe gig bag, and he doesn't have a case for the Epiphone.

If you are interested and it's not against the rules of this forum I could get more information about the guitars that he is selling, photos and such, and I could light a fire underneath him and get him to pull out his finger and put you in contact with him, he's been talking about selling these guitars and others for over a year now - he's got quite a collection hence why he never got around to playing either the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus nor Gibson SG 70's Tribute.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know somebody who is getting rid of a 24 fret left hand Gibson SG, I don't know if he has put it up on ebay yet, it's left handed, it's in perfect condition - he bought it and never took it out of the case yet alone played it, I mean there is not a single scratch on it, it's in heritage cherry, has Dirty Fingers pickups, comes with a Gibson deluxe gig bag and not case. I think he also has a Epiphone Les Paul Strandard Pro in cherry burst in equally good condition that he is getting rid of at some point, but that is only 22 frets - he's a pot head so not the fasted at doing things and like to take his sweet time.

The downside is that it is located in the U.K. and I don't think he would ship the SG as it it doesn't have a fitted hardcase on the Gibson deluxe gig bag, and he doesn't have a case for the Epiphone.

If you are interested and it's not against the rules of this forum I could get more information about the guitars that he is selling, photos and such, and I could light a fire underneath him and get him to pull out his finger and put you in contact with him, he's been talking about selling these guitars and others for over a year now - he's got quite a collection hence why he never got around to playing either the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus nor Gibson SG 70's Tribute.
Hey thanks :) !
But i finaly found something !

The ESP LTD EC 1000 is available in a left handed version : EC-1000 VB LH - The ESP Guitar Company

For those who might be interested by a left handed guitar, i also liked the Washburn PX Solar 160, the Ola Englund signature : Washburn PX-SOLAR160WHMLH Electric Guitar
Note that the left handed version DOESN'T HAVE the evertune bridge that the regular version have ... and it still cost 200$ more !

Bye !

·
Bugera Trirec Infinium 100W 3-Channel Valve Amp He
109 Posts
Hey thanks :) !
But i finaly found something !

The ESP LTD EC 1000 is available in a left handed version : EC-1000 VB LH - The ESP Guitar Company

For those who might be interested by a left handed guitar, i also liked the Washburn PX Solar 160, the Ola Englund signature : Washburn PX-SOLAR160WHMLH Electric Guitar
Note that the left handed version DOESN'T HAVE the evertune bridge that the regular version have ... and it still cost 200$ more !

Bye !
That's good it would probably of taken my mate around six months to get off of his couch and another six months to make sure that the guitars still have strings on them and are in their gig bags are on the racks. And that's after lighting a fire underneath him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts