Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally sat down and applied Velcro to my pedal board and pedals.

Wondering if I could get some help in what order to put them in.

One thing I am not sure about is where to put the two ISP decimators.

Also I think the EQ and REverb go in the effects loop but which one comes first?

Where does the fuzz pedal go?

Also if you put an OD and Distortion in the chain which one comes first?

Here is a pic of the pedals.

Note I only plan on keeping one or two distortion pedals.... not sure probably the OD808 and one more (Blues Driver or Rat?).

Both my heads have effects loops so I think I will likely utilize them.

Thanks in advance!

·
18,790 Posts
I would say one ISP as the first thing in your chain (other than tuner), then OD, then distortion. Effects loop, I would do the other ISP, EQ, then reverb. Fuzz pedal is slightly more finicky. I'd say put it after distortion, but I've heard some don't like coming after a buffer, so you might need to put it first.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
I like to put my noise gate after a OD where possible. There no hard and fats rules, just best practices really.

I find the OD compresses my tone so it's easier to find the sweet spot with the noise gate, where it gates string noise when I'm not playing, but lets picked notes through.

I would probably put a distortion pedal next so I could use the OD pedal to boost it like you would an amp.

In the loop probably EQ before reverb, but see what you prefer. If you put eq first, you might have a tone setting on the reverb pedal where you can eq the wet signal -and eq last might negate that.

I've never used fuzz so wouldn't have a Clue where to put it!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
My setup would fit your pedals as such:

Out front : tuner > ISP > phaser > Maxon > EVHthing > BluesDriver > DS-1 > RAT > fuzz > wah

FX Loop : ISP > EQ > reverb

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Thought I had squirelled away a make your own patch cable kit but maybe I dreamed that.

I rolled enough coins to buy a tc electronic Corona and flashback via eBay! Looked at more expensive pedals but things like the esrthquaker sea machine just do crazy weird shit that I am not sure I would ever use.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Why not buy those pedals at local places used?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Why not buy those pedals at local places used?
They are used/open boxes and what I would have expected to pay used.

Sorry should have mentioned that.

Lately I found used pedals locally were either boss or really expensive ones like eventide or the flashback x4. Nothing wrong with boss.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I think pauls boutique gets a lot of used stuff in that isnt necessarily boutique. Just trying to keep the small guys in business lol.

Have you wired it all up yet?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I have checked out Paul's boutique. nice place but you have to luck out if you are looking for something very specific.

Haven't wired it all up. Ran out of patch cables. I found the kit but planet waves for making your own patch cables but I want to save that for when I am extremely sure of which pedals and layout I want before I go slicing up custom lengths.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tried out guitar > ISP > Phase 90 > OD808 > Flanger > 5153 > ISP > Reverb and it sounded alright..... lots of variable to dial in.

I swear with phaser, flanger and reverb engaged it almost sounds like there are ghosts or something hovering around lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts