Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but I realized that would be too much of a pain in the ass.

I'd probably actually go for a Schaller FR to be honest.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Yeah but I realized that would be too much of a pain in the ass.

I'd probably actually go for a Schaller FR to be honest.
I think that will actually just drop right in the hole, then - the problem with the OFR is the bolts are too long, IIRC.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dropped a Schaller FR over top of it and it looks like the spacing is about 1 mm too wide which would be logical with 74mm OFR spacing and "75mm" ESP spacing. The FR also extends wider than the ESP one does.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
My ESP was also originally routed for a Synclair trem but an OFR just barely fits in the rout. It rubs the edges slightly but a couple of minutes sanding the cavity (or filing the edges of the Floyd baseplate) and there would be no friction at all.

The main issue on mine is that the string lock bolts on the Floyd stick out way past the back end of the Synclair rout. Meaning pull-up travel is seriously limited and risks marking up the face of the guitar. Someone recommended I check out an OFR Pro (think they used to come on old Kramers) as they have the string lock bolts in front of the fine tuners, like a Lo Pro Edge. Haven't followed up on it yet though.

Also I've heard that there are inconsistencies in the Synclair routing - sometimes an OFR will drop right in, sometimes it's a no-go.

Pics 'n shit here: http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum...n/41547-got-my-esp-back-shop-pics-inside.html

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Schaller Floyds have shorter string lock bolts, IIRC.

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
Get the sandpaper out :yesway:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts