Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trem bar on my RG7620 swings around too freely, it wont stay in one place if i move it, it will just fall back down due to gravity. Is there any way I can make it so the trem bar can still be moved, but once I move it into a position it will stay there instead of falling back down?

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
1. New bushings
2. Nail polish on the bar under the bushings
3. Cellophane wrapper from a pack of D'addarios wrapped around the bar before you shove it in, cut/tear off the extra.
4. Replace arm and holder with Schaller(not cheapo) OFR arm/holder.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
How much work is it replacing the trem arm assembly with an OFR assembly. I would like to do it on my Edge pro, but don't want to have to drill out the hole or anything.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
not too much at all at most you would need to file the threads a little to get the new collar assembly to slide in to the old hole

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
edge pro replacement is the same as lo pro. Look in the articles section, i demoed it up there

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Thanks guys. I have a collar from an OFR but no spare bar. So I guess I'll order another assembly. I hate push in bars.

4,429 Posts
easiest way to go is take of the teflon washers. Give the bar a quick wrap of teflon tape. Then put the washers back on. Best fix I've done. Gives a nice stiff bar for a really long time. Honestly I haven't redone the teflon tape in probably 3 months.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Wrap a thin piece of paper under the bushing (top one, if you do the bottom one bar may not go in) literally very thin piece. And everyone has paper lying around :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts