Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else watching this? I'm a big fan of Louis C.K.'s stand-up and I heard about this a while back but only just got around to checking it out. I've only watched the first two episodes, but so far it's pretty good :D

The whole date story in the pilot episode had me in stitches most of the time :lol:

Here's a trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
huge fan of Louis. Huge fan of Lucky Louie and so far I'm really digging this new show. I missed this week and last weeks though so I need to catch up

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
:bump: I find most of his quotes to be funny, but I can't get into his standup and this show is soooo fucking stupid. What am I missing? :lol: please someone else tell me how much this sucks..

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
His show is more of a "morbid" funny, if you can call it that. It's not like his standup in that regard.

Basically, his mindset is "Wouldn't it be funny if I went on this date, and by the end I was convinced she was crazy? Then I could try and kiss her on her doorstep, but she'd be appalled and have a helicopter ready for her to make a getaway? Yeah, that'd be funny."

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Seasons 1/2 are great, but something about season 3 just didnt sit right with me; not quite sure why.

Big fan of his stand up, trying to catch his next tour

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
I don't get it..I like all types of comedy..even dry deadpan shit..but this just isn't funny... :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Seasons 1/2 are great, but something about season 3 just didnt sit right with me; not quite sure why.

Big fan of his stand up, trying to catch his next tour
I loved season 3, the whole Letterman tie-in was awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Louie is probably my favorite comedian right now. But I can see how he's not for everyone.
It's like how I can't understand why people like Dane Cook. I've had headaches that are funnier than he is. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Jason said:
I don't get it..I like all types of comedy..even dry deadpan shit..but this just isn't funny... :lol:
You're just an awful person is all :lol:

He's not for everyone.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Louie is probably my favorite comedian right now. But I can see how he's not for everyone.
It's like how I can't understand why people like Dane Cook. I've had headaches that are funnier than he is. :lol:
That and Jeff Dunham... Can't stand either of them.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Elysian said:
That and Jeff Dunham... Can't stand either of them.
Fucking this.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Shut your whore mouth.

Jeff Dunham was at his funniest 10+ years ago before he got huge, ditto for Dane Cook. Demetri Martin is just great.
Nah, I much prefer when none of them were around. Ive never found ventriliquism to be funny aside from the one bit with it in "Best in Show"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts