Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some amazing uber low friction pots of some kind in my jackson but they are 25k for the emg 707s. I'm swapping the 707s out and want to get 500k volume and 250k tone pots but they have to be the same insanely low friction pots. These pots make volume swells with your pinky really easy.

Any ideas - I don't mind paying a bit more for great pots. I've tried tons of CTS and these definitely are better than them.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Hmm. I actually put rounded foam inserts under my knobs just to add more friction. I hate knobs slipping around with every errant touch.

So, I'm no help, sorry Mesh! :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
EVH. Figures. :lol:

Before you spend money, Mesh, try hitting your current pots witha contact cleaner/lube spray. I picked up something at Radio Shack ages ago to clean pots in my old 7620, and it cleaned them but it made them MUCH lower friction in the process. I actually prefer them with a little more resistance, personally...

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the EVH's are just rebranded Bournes pots? Or at least that's what the OEM pots are in the Wolfgang?

If that's the case, then why not just go to an online dealer like Mouser and buy the Bornes pots there? Unless there's something custom about the specs on the EVH ones? :scratch:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts