Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to lower my body fat percentage. I have some mucles, I have some fat. I also need groceries :ugh:.

Now that I'm done school, my time is looking like this: apply for work, eat, work out, jam, band practice, socialize (not necessarily in that order).

I've done the health kick before, but I'm wondering what I may not know or may have forgotten.

I'm off to have eggs and milk :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Make sure you do both cardio and weight training, and keep a low-fat diet.
Instead of low-fat, I think it's low-sugar... at least, that's what I'm lead to believe now... :lol:

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Anyway. Lean proteins ie: egg whites,lean steak,chicken breat,ground turkey/turkey burgers. good unrefined carbs, ie: brown rice,sweet potatoes,oatmeal.
Lots of fibrous veggies. Also protein shakes help out a ton.

Ask anything about diet/supplements and I can help. :agreed:

Also,

STOP DRINKING MILK! :lol:

It makes zero sense. For one second think and forget everything you have been told about milk.

Mammals drink their mothers milk until there no longer babies then stop.. So why the hell do we do it? It makes no sense. You need calcium? Eat some veggies.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
+1 @ the milk thing. I gave that shit up years ago, and have simply felt lighter ever since :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Yeah. The #1 protein in milk is the #1 mucus producer :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
If I drink milk these, I get SUPER WICKED GAS that lasts for hours. Lost my lactase enzyme in my early teens and it's greatly affected me.

But if I was to ever enter a farting contest, I easily know how to get ready for it

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
i have always drank skim

From what i'v read a banana and a glass of skim milk in the morning is one of the best things you can have to kick off your metabolism

I'v been starting my day off with it and i'm down to 210 now(was 250 at the beginning of last winter)

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
i have always drank skim

From what i'v read a banana and a glass of skim milk in the morning is one of the best things you can have to kick off your metabolism

I'v been starting my day off with it and i'm down to 210 now(was 250 at the beginning of last winter)
Its better than nothing.

Fuck this thread, milk is awesome. :yesway:
:lol: I used to like milk but havent drank it in years. :shrug:
I think it's appropriate to consult Ron Swanson's pyramid of greatness on milk:

:lol:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
so what would you recommend as a solid day of eating jason? i'm always interested in trying new things. i'v kinda plateaued. i'm a big dude frame wise(only 6ft), so 185 to 190 is about where i should be with no chub at all, i got another 20 or 25 lbs to go. I know it just takes time, but i'm much more interested in this stuff since i have gotten results.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
so what would you recommend as a solid day of eating jason? i'm always interested in trying new things. i'v kinda plateaued. i'm a big dude frame wise(only 6ft), so 185 to 190 is about where i should be with no chub at all, i got another 20 or 25 lbs to go. I know it just takes time, but i'm much more interested in this stuff since i have gotten results.
So far today I have had.

10am double turkey burger.

1pm 6oz grilled chicken and cup of brown rice with hot sauce.

4pm pack of oatmeal with 1 tbsp of almond butter and 40 gram choco protein shake.

7pm see meal #2

I'll wind up eating two more similar meals before bed. :agreed: I could give you more but Im leaving work. Ill pop back in later.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
You know what's really worked for me is this:

Protein / fruit smoothies for breakfast (one pilsner full)

one of the three: Sammich / Wrap / Grilled chicken & veggies for lunch

Small dinner like veggie soup or burger patties (no bread, no cheese, no mayo)

Lots of water, some diet sodas, one glass of fruit juice a day. Minimal snacking but I always have to have a box of cheez-its in the house :)

That's been my routine. I mix it with working out 4 times a week and (also divorce stress helped initially lol) I've lost a lot of weight. I was 235+ back in November, now I'm at 193ish.

·
should really be working.
366 Posts
Counting calories plus light exercise is the only thing that's worked for me. I can't stick with diets that are too specific. I shoot for about 1500 to 2000 calories a day and sometimes I don't count on the weekends. Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:
English muffing w/ jam
bacon
yogurt
tea

Lunch:
ham sandwich
graham crackers
coffee

Dinner:
brown rice w/ chicken, mushrooms, onions

Snack:
a few chips
granola bar

I'm 36, 6ft, 183lbs. I've been counting since January and I've lost about 15lbs so far. Fell off the wagon a few weeks ago but didn't do too much damage.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts