Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is in the right place. but are Luna guitars aimed towards women more then men like how Daisy Rock are? I have always wondered about this. :confused:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Yes. They seem to have moved away from that a bit, but that was very much the perogative, at least starting out.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah thought so, and alot of the stuff doesnt look to "girly" now :lol: unlike Daisy were EVERYTHING is girly...

·
Theory Guy
214 Posts
Yeah, they had a mission statement on their site at one point (and may still have it somewhere) that basically said they made girly guitars that were more serious than similar products on the market. It looks like they realized that dudes like their guitars, too.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they had a mission statement on their site at one point (and may still have it somewhere) that basically said they made girly guitars that were more serious than similar products on the market. It looks like they realized that dudes like their guitars, too.
Yeah I liked the Dragon bass, and those two Maple boarded Tele and strat copys, as well as those Semi Hollows. :ugh:

Semi Hollows:
luna guitars - Deco Series

and they still have a statement about have lighter guitars and basses and it was becuase of the mother of the women that brought the designs to life.

And the Artist list is sorta interesting: http://www.lunaguitars.com/artists.php more guys playing them then girls lol

·
Theory Guy
214 Posts
Are these guitars any good?
There's a place near my house that has an Andromeda, used. It was kind of like a low-medium level Fender, Jackson, or Ibanez. Certainly better than a Squier bullet or that cheap Epiphone starter stuff, but I wouldn't put it up against a JEM any time soon.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

They are deans. Quality is on par. Decent enough (since they don't have any dimebags), but nothing special.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

They are deans. Quality is on par. Decent enough (since they don't have any dimebags), but nothing special.
I wasnt expecting them to be amazing guitars are anything most of their stuff isnt higher then 500 bucks :lol: But it could be a cheaper way to get a "Strat" or "tele" semi hollow with a decent price tag

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

For strats and teles fender owns dean. I'd frankly take a dean ego over a comparably priced epiphany les paul usually, but the dean and luna strats are perfectly avoidable

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

For strats and teles fender owns dean. I'd frankly take a dean ego over a comparably priced epiphany les paul usually, but the dean and luna strats are perfectly avoidable

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

So you are saying to stay away from them for a Strat/tele sound? but Dean is better then Epiphone? :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts