Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mac people I have a bit of a problem and was wondering if anyone might have a solution I have a Mac Pro. In the morning when I start it between 15 min. to a half an hour later it randomly reboots. When it tries to restart all of the fans go apeshit crazy and I have to pull the power cord (Tho sometimes it restarts normally)

Any ideas what could be causing this. If I had to guess I would say the power supply is faulty, (Looking for info online is kind of pointing towards this...)

·
Creeping in your sheets
222 Posts
sounds like its overheating. clean out the fans and reapply thermal paste on cpu heatsink if you can.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will open it up and blow it out & see if that helps. It only ever does it once and like i said within a half an hour of starting the machine in the morning.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
rather than doing that, I would have the apple guys look at it if it is still under warranty. Also pop out the system profiler and check the system logs

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
rather than doing that, I would have the apple guys look at it if it is still under warranty. Also pop out the system profiler and check the system logs
You'd rather take it to the Apple store before cleaning it out with some canned air? :lol:

Reseating and thermal pasting the heatsinks at this point is a bit much, but come on :lol: He probably just needs to clean the beast.

Or you can just give the Mac Pro to me........I'd gladly take the problem off of your hands......

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
It makes sense that the fans go up high when the OS freezes. They are controlled by the OS. Do you have the original discs around? There should be an Apple Hardware Test.

Definitely sounds like it's overheating though. Is the ram installed apple ram or 3rd party? Any extra hardware additions lately? Have you checked the system log?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts