Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Sweet!!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
What pickups are those?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duncan Customs, AFAIK :lol: The single is a bit too long, as it's meant for a strat's string spacing, but it shouldn't be much of an issue, as it's off on the bass side, and I'll be using that pup mostly for stuff where I care more about the treble side.

Thanks Rob! I've got a D'Addario pack of 9's that I'll probably put on there. Did you piece together a set, or is that a pack?

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
Leon,
I selected those gages individually so as to achieve a relatively consistant string tension. You'll probably have to do some adjusting of the truss rod.

Chris,
That is the second guitar I ever built. It was sitting at my house, naked, lonely, feeling neglected and unloved, so I sent it to Leon in hopes to cheer him up a bit after his place was robbed.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
Leon,
I selected those gages individually so as to achieve a relatively consistant string tension. You'll probably have to do some adjusting of the truss rod.

Chris,
That is the second guitar I ever built. It was sitting at my house, naked, lonely, feeling neglected and unloved, so I sent it to Leon in hopes to cheer him up a bit after his place was robbed.
Right on. A very nice gesture on your part. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny enough, Rob, the final bits and pieces have come together to get this guitar finished just in time for me to take it to Jemfest :)

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
It makes me happy to know it cheered you up. So, win, win!

Taking it to Jemfest! :eek: Please remind people that was only my second build! I've gotten better since then. :D

Seriously though, I would be highly flattered if you took Mac to Jemfest.

Lee, thank you. Maybe someday I can achieve your level of generosity.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It lives :metal:

Bridge sounds good, so does the single. I still need to do some adjusting, but other than that, it works!

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
Cool! Hopefully you will get used to the longer scale length better than I did. I wasn't playing often enough to didn't get comfortable with the longer stretch.

Thanks for giving Mac a second life!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts