Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Guitar Nerd
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i know of a few of you guys who have experienced hiss in your hd 1221s. I just got mine today and sad to say its one of the batch that has that annoying high pitched hiss. Is there anyway i can solve this problem? Do you think i should go through the hassle of changing it?

And the 1221 is massive. Makes a 2x12 cab with a 100w blackstar that i owned before sound quiet and demure. Yet with clean and low gain tones,it retains that awesome touch and feel. Apart from the hiss, im very happy with this purchase. Highly recommend anyone on the fence on getting this to pull the trigger.So good.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
No idea here. :( I've seen that come up a couple of times and most people just exchange it. Luckily, neither of mine has the noise.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have it on mine, the hiss. I'm honestly debating about whether to swap it or not, it was a hassle to get it and it hisses less than my 6505+ hummed. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I have it on mine, the hiss. I'm honestly debating about whether to swap it or not, it was a hassle to get it and it hisses less than my 6505+ hummed. :lol:
Record both the hum and the hiss. throw them into an autotune program and create an octave of each, then write a MIDI song with them :agreed:

·
Guitar Nerd
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll consider it. Chris from Scale The Summit says all 6 of his have the hum but because he uses them as a backline/stage sound where he cranks them,you cant hear the hiss. He recommends that i change it only if im considering recording through the mackie which is redundant cus i can record direct with the axe. I guess i'll wait for the reply from my dealer and see what he can do for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts