Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is great :agreed:

I've been playing NFL 2k5 for like 6 years because no Madden game can come close to it in gameplay and realism, until this year. I played through a few games today and am blown away by the gameplay and the graphics. It's leaps and bounds better than the last couple years' Madden games.

Pick it up if you like football :yesway:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Damn, its out already? I wasn't really paying attention. I did see the commercial for it last night though. I would be interested in seeing how it compares to Madden 10 though before I shell out the cash.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The big differences are in the blocking, the RBs, and the DBs. Cornerbacks actually look like they're covering WRs now, instead of jogging backwards for 30 yards like last year's game.

Running backs and posession receivers are much more effective now due to the emphasis they put on accelleration. So players with great agility and acceleration but not great top speed like Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson will be basically uncoverable for 5-15 yards but the DB will catch up to them on long patterns. That's actually pretty realistic.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
The only reason I ever know when the new Madden comes out is because Lex and Terry do "Madden Holiday," where the whole show is nothing but them playing the new Madden and talking shit on each other :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts