Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, an attempt at one anyway! :lol:

This is all sorts of fun. I have no idea how to tell my camera to flip it's aspect ratio, so I had to flip it in iMovie, which gave me the black boxes on the side. I'll figure it out. :lol:

I'm not running direct into the camera, so there's phasing as I move around (both monitors going) and honestly, I got camera-shy immediately so the playing isn't terribly tight.

Anyway, enjoy! I also uploaded it in HD! :woohoo:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hm, I also don't know why it's shrunk down like that when embedded. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Somehow, your tone is better in the *** vid (minus the slight phasing) than in the recording thread.

Also, not enough neck tilting, funny faces, and rocking out.

That said, awesome, and digging the song.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Nice one, dude. I've been using a Gorilla-pod to try and achieve this myself. You can buy a little gizmo that'll turn your camera 90degrees so you've got the correct aspect. Head into a photography store and ask about it. We're talking about a tiny, inexpensive bit here.

The problem I had when using one was the camera was now so top-heavy that it wouldn't sit securely on the guitar without being so far towards the fretboard that I cut the nut and first couple of frets out of frame, and I got a shit angle, too. Anyhow, check it out and see what you come up with. I can't seem to find the type I mean. But if you look ask for something like a small "L bracket" or "Manfrotto elbow" they'll know what you mean.

Nice track, too. \m/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts