Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, pretty self-explanatory in the title. Basically I just bought a PRS SE Custom 24 and I want to make it dive only since I don't pull up on the bar. What would be the best way to go about this? Links and videos are more than welcome and thank everyone in advance.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What Chris posted but beware the SE models (not sure about Core models) have a small amount of timber between the trem cavity floor and the pickup cavity. The stopper still works but jsut dont make the hole to large when pre-drilling. Its not something that will be a problem if you know of the issue and are careful. IVe used it many times on the different SE's ive had.

That said block the trem with a piece of timber if that's a concern.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What Chris posted but beware the SE models (not sure about Core models) have a small amount of timber between the trem cavity floor and the pickup cavity. The stopper still works but jsut dont make the hole to large when pre-drilling. Its not something that will be a problem if you know of the issue and are careful. IVe used it many times on the different SE's ive had.

That said block the trem with a piece of timber if that's a concern.
Which side do I put the wood, under the springs or between the body and the block?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
You lose the ability to whammy (other than dive) and/or flutter. You gain the tuning stability of a hardtail and the ability to switch between tunings without having to rebalance the bridge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You lose the ability to whammy (other than dive) and/or flutter. You gain the tuning stability of a hardtail and the ability to switch between tunings without having to rebalance the bridge.
Thanks for the reply. That is a good advantage, I've been reluctant to change tuning on my FR guitar for that reason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts