Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an interest in modding and making effects pedals for quite a while now, and I have currently two or so candidates I could use to practice mods on. One being the DOD YJM OD that no one wants :lol:. I also want to mod my Morley Wah, I like the sound(depending in wah position), but it has the strangest sweep i've ever heard.

To get to the point, I guess i'd like to know if there any books or videos you guys recommend to get started? I've never modded/made a pedal before, other than move the LED in my Morley, but anyone could do that. Any tips/tricks? I know basically nothing about making them at this point, but I think it is something I could grasp fairly easily.

I have found some sites that are cool, but they don't go in depth on making pedals, such as etching the PCBs or anything on parts needed, why they are needed etc.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Good luck with the morley. I'll never open another morely in my life :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
I like turtles!
722 Posts
Volume I - DC : All About Circuits

I just found this, a LOT of reading, but seems like a nice crash course in understanding how it all works. :yesway: Hopefully this will be enough for me to get a grasp on this so I can start making shit sound awesome. :lol:
That site seems good with one drawback - it only covers DC circuits. Guitar signals and effects pedals are all AC. All the concepts are essentially the same in terms of the circuit analysis but there's an extra step of maths that makes everything more complex (bazinga!).

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That site seems good with one drawback - it only covers DC circuits. Guitar signals and effects pedals are all AC. All the concepts are essentially the same in terms of the circuit analysis but there's an extra step of maths that makes everything more complex (bazinga!).
Volume II is AC. :yesway:
Volume II - AC : All About Circuits

1 - 12 of 12 Posts