Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Washburn PXZMM2FRWH Electric Guitar

I saw videos of him with it at NAMM earlier this year and I was intrigued but kinda forgot about it.

Spec-wise it sounds awesome. And I love the mix of classic looks but modern features (24 frets, full fret access, Floyd Rose, 25.5" scale etc) because I'm on a bit of an old-school kick when it comes to aesthetics at the moment. But whenever I get to play any of that kind of thing (explorers, vs, LP's etc) I remember why I play 25.5" superstrats :lol: I love the way all those things look, but can't stand the way they feel in my hands.

The only thing I can see that might suck is that it's probably susceptible to neck-dive, considering the scale length and where they've decided to put the strap pins :\

EDIT: Actually, looking at this video, neckdive doesn't seem to be a problem at all;

Particularly at the very end when he completely lets go of the neck and it still stays in position :yesway:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Eh, fuck everyone, I love it. :lol:

I'm normally a Floyd dude, but I think the fixed bridge version looks a lot better.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pfft you're all massive homos! I think it looks sexy. Essentially a modernised Firebird

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Marzi in an awesome dude. His band practices at the same rehearsal studio that mine does, and he's good friends with my drummer's family. So I've had the pleasure of sitting in on their practice and shooting the gear shit from time to time. From what he's told me about the guitar, they're solid quality axes, as is the rest of the parallaxe series. i haven't played one yet, but it does look cool in person, and sounds even better when blasting through a wall of randall thrashers ;) he said he had SD custom wind the pickups for him, but I'm not sure if they are the same for the production models or if that was just for his private stock.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Marzi in an awesome dude. His band practices at the same rehearsal studio that mine does, and he's good friends with my drummer's family. So I've had the pleasure of sitting in on their practice and shooting the gear shit from time to time. From what he's told me about the guitar, they're solid quality axes, as is the rest of the parallaxe series. i haven't played one yet, but it does look cool in person, and sounds even better when blasting through a wall of randall thrashers ;) he said he had SD custom wind the pickups for him, but I'm not sure if they are the same for the production models or if that was just for his private stock.
From the info that's out there those SD's are gonna come stock on the guitar. He's a really expressive player, i enjoy what ive heard from him so far, shame he's not in some better known bands (or just better bands period, Phil Anselmo and The Illegals did NOT tickle my pickle :lol: )

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Eh, fuck everyone, I love it. :lol:

I'm normally a Floyd dude, but I think the fixed bridge version looks a lot better.

That is awesome! Hardtail in white would be a badass cousin to my Hamer (quilt, 24.5" scale).

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Yeah, that V is pretty awesome too. He's pretty chatty on facebook but couldn't give me a definite anwer on those making it to production.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
From the info that's out there those SD's are gonna come stock on the guitar. He's a really expressive player, i enjoy what ive heard from him so far, shame he's not in some better known bands (or just better bands period, Phil Anselmo and The Illegals did NOT tickle my pickle :lol: )
yes indeed he is! well his band here in houston is writing original material right now, and he said they're supposed to be/or are working with ripper owens. i forget what he said last time. so you can't quote me on that! haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts