Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Man who creates own credit card terms sues bank for not adhering to them

521 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
#5 ·
It's only "fraud" because someone found a way of fucking over the bank for a change. The bank won't win, the first judge has created precedent by (quite rightly) stating they signed the contract, so they're bound by it. I'm hoping the guy gets his 24million Rubles

#6 ·
Very interesting. I assume the bank's argument is going to be something along the lines of they sent him a contract to review, and he returned it signed and made no indication that he had modified the terms of the agreement, meaning the bank had every expectation to believe that the agreement was modified. Doubly so because he evidently digitally altered the original, which was sent to him in a non-alterable form.

I'm kind of inclined to side with the bank here - the nearest analogy for us I can come up with here is if you agreed to buy a guitar from someone on this site, but after sending money the seller edited his listing so he was instead selling a pack of strings for $500. One party unilaterally altering the terms of an agreement without the other's agreement is sort of shady, and before you say "that's what banks do," they also spell out under what conditions they're allowed to, and in what ways (late or missing payments, change in credit score, etc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.