Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Sfogli - Robot from the future to show us how it's done. Man I love his playing!

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speaking of Echo, this version can't be overlooked:

I like this version for different reasons. The original was great because it was so somber and atmospheric and Marco successfully captures that. This live version from 88 on the other hand is a completely different animal. A lot of the somber elements were compromised into fierce musicianship. In addition to having hair and terrible fashion sense, at the time, Satch had a lot to prove and showed the few people watching how much on fire he was. Add to the fact that all he had was a rhythm section to back the whole musical scope adds to the ferocity of this performance.

It is a tad unfair to compare Marco's tribute to Satch's revamping of his own song I must admit. I do miss that playing in Satriani's playing at times.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Satch playing like he has something to prove? No shit, right?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I miss it when he used to push the boundaries a bit, instead of play RatM/Led Zep mashup riffs with blues licks with one "out" note for the melody line, then the half time chorus that modulates into another key before returning to the riff...

Actually, to be fair, his newest is pretty surprisingly excellent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts