Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:yesway:

The Marco man-crush that's brewing here makes me happy!

Edit: Man can he play his fucking ass off. :bowdown:

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
If I saw that guy in Sports Authority I would never know he's a MONSTER on guitar.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: man I've been liking Marco for awhile now I think I was one of the few dudes that first posted his videos.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Yeah wtf why can't I play that well...
I just don't understand how the fuck to get my fingers doing that.
Probably has something to do with the fact I tried to emulate James hetfield when I started playing guitar. All down pick rhythm

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's like he went to G3 when it was Satch, Vai, and Petrucci, and absorbed all of their powers :lol: I hear bits of each of them in his playing, but without sounding derivative.
eh I don't really hear vai much but I do hear some satch but I hear a lot of petrucci and timmons in his playing.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Daniel said:
It's like he went to G3 when it was Satch, Vai, and Petrucci, and absorbed all of their powers :lol: I hear bits of each of them in his playing, but without sounding derivative.
eh I don't really hear vai much but I do hear some satch but I hear a lot of petrucci and timmons in his playing.
The Vai influence I'm hearing is really subtle (almost seems like an oxymoron :lol: ), just the occasional bit of phrasing or note choice.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Excuse me, gents, if you need me I'll be spending the rest of the day practicing.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

The Vai influence I'm hearing is really subtle (almost seems like an oxymoron :lol: ), just the occasional bit of phrasing or note choice.
after listening to a few times I hear the vai in his use of tremolo.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
after listening to a few times I hear the vai in his use of tremolo.
The beginning of this actually really reminds me of Vai - say, 2:15 until the first chorus at 2:57.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts