Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequently use the "new posts" and the "read first unread" features to browse the forums but I was wondering if there is a way to mark certain threads as unread or to have the "new posts" feature be adjustable so that all posts after a certain time will be queried? I ask because sometimes I need to get on to grab an address from my PM's or look up a link that is in a post but I don't have enough time to read all of the posts from the last day or so that I wasn't on.

If I'm crazy tell me but I see this as a very useful feature.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
As far as i know, the "new posts" feature will show you all the threads with read or unread new posts since the last time you marked all threads read. I usually only hit "Mark all threads read" once i'm sure i've looked at everything i wanted to.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
No, unfortunately. Individual thread marking like that would end up bloating the hell out of the DB for bigger forums, since it'd be an entry for each one of them. It would be cool, but wouldn't scale at all.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as i know, the "new posts" feature will show you all the threads with read or unread new posts since the last time you marked all threads read. I usually only hit "Mark all threads read" once i'm sure i've looked at everything i wanted to.
As far as I can tell, the read/unread resets the count if you visit and auto login, then leave for >45 mins and revisit.

No, unfortunately. Individual thread marking like that would end up bloating the hell out of the DB for bigger forums, since it'd be an entry for each one of them. It would be cool, but wouldn't scale at all.
Dang ok well it was worth it to ask.

Is it possible to search based on a post time and have it show the same read/unread state?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts