Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not the best demo of it, I don't think they had it cranked which these amps need to be.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Like with the JCM800RI, the original might be half the price. It's cool that they are redoing it though.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Used SJ's are $2k?? Used plexis are $1600CAD :lol:

I'd be interested in a side by side demo of original vs. RI.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH and sweetwater is showing the head at $1899 and the cabinet at $1299 street. Cab is way too much, but the head is not bad at all in that price range.

Winter NAMM 2015: Marshall Silver Jubilee Reissue

Wirelessly posted

Used SJ's are $2k?? Used plexis are $1600CAD :lol:

I'd be interested in a side by side demo of original vs. RI.
The original jubs go between $1600 and 2K, sometimes you can get them a little cheaper, but mostly the grey tolex ones are in the higher range. But yes they go more then the plexi's because the supply is lower then the plexis.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Good news.

I know Bonamassa is a huge fan of the original SJ's and has used them live and in the studio for many, many years now. I've got a stonking good profile of a modded SJ on my Kemper that is just the best dirty distortion tone I have ever heard.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
My buddy Vinnie has an original 86-87 Jubilee and it's the best Marshall I have ever heard. Killer amp.

·
D-Beat HiJacker
19 Posts
I remember sometime in the early 2000's going into a guitar center fully prepared to walk out with a mesa dual rec. This was sitting in the little private room thingy and I went in and fell in love with it. I wanted to kiss it and snuggle it. Then I turned it on. Then I wanted to screw it.

Got cold feet though, didn't walk out with any amps, just a new guitar. Wish I would have bought it...price tag was original $2,100 but it was bumped down to $1250 or something in that range.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
My buddy has three originals, and they sound monstrous when he plays his vintage Goldtop (that doesn't suck) through it.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone on rig talk said it best, with all the mini amps going around they should have also reissued the 2553.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I just want a Silver Jubilee because if I have one, I will guaranteed play and sound like Joe Bonomassa.

Right? :(

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Someone on rig talk said it best, with all the mini amps going around they should have also reissued the 2553.
But that would make sense. When, recently, has Marshall done anything that makes sense?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
But that would make sense. When, recently, has Marshall done anything that makes sense?
Yesterday when they reissued the Silver Jubilee? :cool:

I agree, though. Was hoping that Marshall would make a line of 5 - 20w amps much like Peavey is doing, but I guess a reissue of one of their best amps works, too. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Sounds kickass :yesway:

I love the staredown he gives him at 3:20-ish while playing a pretty simple lick :lol:

NAMM '15 - Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555 Demo - YouTube
Oh man, this guy is a terrible salesman :lol:. I've seen him 3 times at Sweetwater's GearFest, and he completely shits over the role of someone showing you all the features of a new piece of gear. He literally just said that the other amps were cool, but just played one, to a shitty backing track, of a mix of Pantera and Satch tracks :lol:

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is some clarification to the video and also why they got rid of the ohm selector switch.

"Below is a copy of a post made by Marshall's very own Santiago Alvarez concerning the new Jubilee and Nick Bowcott's comments about the "emulated" circuit.

Hi, unfortunately that was a very bad choice of words by Nick. There is nothing being emulated in the amp and there are no "modern construction techniques". The amplifier is pcb like the originals were although of course the pcb has been updated into a double sided one, with DC heaters and we corrected an issue with flickering relays that the originals had.

The amplifier is built in the same style of other UK Marshall amp with that type of conduction(AFD, YJM, VM, YJM...) and we also upgraded internal connectors, used cloth covered wires and a few other improvements which will become standard in new Marshalls.

The mains and impedance selectors were removed as they are becoming difficult to find and difficult if not impossible to get them pass modern safety standards.

We also added external bias points with two trimmers, one per push pull side.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Oh man, this guy is a terrible salesman :lol:. I've seen him 3 times at Sweetwater's GearFest, and he completely shits over the role of someone showing you all the features of a new piece of gear. He literally just said that the other amps were cool, but just played one, to a shitty backing track, of a mix of Pantera and Satch tracks :lol:
:squint:

Nick is one of my big influences.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts