Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gamescom: Mass Effect 2 Coming To PS3 - PS3 News at IGN

Interesting. I don't own a PS3 myself (although I want one quite badly), but at least more people can experience this amazing game if they don't want to buy an Xbox for it :yesway:. Although not having ME1 released as well isn't very good, as I'm sure most of you who've played both will agree :nono:

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Agreed. Being able to import my save game from 1 was great. Other than that whole Liara not putting out thing.

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Not having ME1 makes no sense. The two games are essentially one big story.
Absolutely. One of my favourite moments in ME2 was
meeting up with Wrex again
but it wouldn't have meant anything at all if I'd never played the first game :noplease:

Edit: Added spoiler tags just in case, not sure how sensitive a piece of information that is for people who have ps3's and are thinking about buying ME2 :lol:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
:woot: I'm definately buying this! I was considering getting my 360 fixed, just to play this game. So I'm defiantely buying it on PS3 instead now :)

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Meh Ill pick it up for 360, since the 1st one is available on 360

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Shikaru, the worst part is that since they'll be using the "default" playthrough settings:

Wrex will be dead, regardless.

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ :(

That means "Worf" ends up in charge of the clan doesn't it? Man, fuck that guy! :lol:

Isn't ME1 available for download on Live? Perhaps if sales are good enough for ME2 they might release it similarly on the PSN. Shame that it would mean that they'd still be played out of order.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I think they just don't want to re-tool ME1 for the PS platform, but since ME2 did so well they're hoping to just cash in. I don't blame them, since the game is absolutely outstanding, and more profit for Bioware means more quality games from them down the road.

Just sucks for PS3-only players who are going to miss out a HUGE part of the storyline, which was a big part of what made ME2 so fucking awesome. Like when you first find out who Archangel is, it won't mean anything if you haven't played the first one.

As soon as I worked out who it was I'm pretty sure I said "oh fuck yes!" out loud. :D

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1 on finding out who Archangel was :D

It's actually just occured to me (this may be sacrilege...) but I never actually got around to finishing ME2 :lol: I read a couple things about the final mission and became paranoid about fucking it up and losing some of my awesome crew and ended up stopping :(. Same thing happened with ME1 actually, went away from it for a long time about 3/4 of the way in, and came back and finished it much later.

I think I need to load it up tomorrow :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I played ME1 three times through, in a row. :lol: I couldn't stop playing it. ME2 I did two runthroughs, had one death each time. Had everyone loyal, but as soon as I picked sides, the other person always died. I let Jack eat it both times, She was the only character that I didn't like. :lol:

On the upside, my Shepard lived both times. I didn't even realize that you yourself could die too.

DEFINITELY do the last mission. It's fucking incredible. As long as you pick smartly and your ship is upgraded all the way, you should be good. Eg: Don't send Grunt as your Tech. :D

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that I had enough paragon to stop them from killing one another and keep them both loyal. I was playing as mostly paragon the entire time, with the occasional renegade action where I felt that someone really deserved it. :lol: Plus I kinda felt bad for Jack, troubled childhood and all.

I've only played through ME1 once, I need to go back and play it through again after ME2. Perhaps as a full on renegade this time...I'm kinda worried I'll miss all the combat improvements from ME2 when I go back to the first one though.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I was max Paragon, and Jack still ended up hating me and dying, so dunno. :lol:

I'm going to play it again as well - I did a Soldier all 3 times (same char, rolling it over), and would like to try the whole thing (both of them) as a Biotic instead. Plus, more achievements! :vince:

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
I was max Paragon, and Jack still ended up hating me and dying, so dunno. :lol:

I'm going to play it again as well - I did a Soldier all 3 times (same char, rolling it over), and would like to try the whole thing (both of them) as a Biotic instead. Plus, more achievements! :vince:
Dude, you simply have to play once through as a Vanguard. It's just too awesome with that charge move.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Vanguard is fun. I had a blast as an Adept in both games.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts