Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deserves it's own thread. Holy shit is this hard! :lol:

I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again here. The first Krogan Battlemaster fight SUCKS. I'm an Adept, and the first ~10 levels or so worth of talent points I put into armor, class training and assault rifles, so the only biotics I had were warp and throw. No life, no statis, just pure "holy fuck I am getting destroyed" for about two hours. Ended up beating the fucker, but just barely.

Did Husks always blow up next to you on Normal mode? I don't really recall that, but the last runthrough of this that I did was at level 60 for achievements, and I had my whole squad decked out. Anyway, one of the side missions has you go to a research lab and just check on some engineers, and they're turned into husks. Like 15 of them at once, in this little area full of boxes, all of them kamikaze-ing at you to blow up next you. I ended up having my squad die/unity about 4 times, because the only way I could kill them all was to kite them around in circles waiting for overload to be back up.

I'm level 15 now, and will give that a shot, Josh. I don't have any of the biotic achievements, and am going to get 'em all on this runthrough. Kind of a bummer I can't fully achieve it, with the Faction Ally stuff being once per playthrough.

I can't imagine how ridiculous the Matriarch fight is going to be.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Seriously, Singularity is ridiculous. It will end entire fights for you. It just sucks because the cooldown is so stupidly long.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing about going biotic is that, unlike my Soldier, you spend a shitload of time flipping around the ability wheel. It would be nice if I could bind more than one ability to a button.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The only thing about going biotic is that, unlike my Soldier, you spend a shitload of time flipping around the ability wheel. It would be nice if I could bind more than one ability to a button.
I went Adept my first playthrough. It was nice eventually getting to pistols that just don't overheat. I basically just used Warp occasionally and Singularity, and shot everything else.

Ran with Tali and Wrex too. Tali's explosives fit really well with Singularity, and Wrex could Warp bosses.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I beat ME1 on Insanity, you kinda have to go through it with a stacked ranked-up character. All I found for difference between the difficulty levels is the enemies have a billion more hit points, but their tactics, numbers, and abilities aren't any more difficult.

ME2 though, I'm on an insanity run right now and it's totally a frigging blast. The first mission IMO is hard as hell b/c all you have is the little handgun and you have a ton of robots coming at you. Later as you get more weapons, it becomes quite a bit easier, but I've heard the last level is ridiculously hard. I'm looking forward to it :agreed:

Oh and Chris, Soldier class or Vanguard. Adept in ME1 is pretty hard, but in ME2 it's great b/c Singularity is friggin' awesome in ME2.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm making my way through it starting from scratch, but damn is it tough. I'm at the last part of Bring Down the Sky and it's taken me about 3 hours. It's like playing Counter-strike, the enemy AI is a shitload better, they regen health/shields like mad, and every trash fight is a 5 minute game of hide and seek. :lol:

I think I might casual the rest of the adept, just for fun, and do Hard/Insane on my Soldier. It's not that I can't do it on hard w/the newbie character, it'll just take me 9 fuckin' years. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
It's got to be damn near impossible if you're starting from scratch :lol:

Good luck :yesway:

That krogan with the geth you were talking about is one of the toughest fights in the game.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's got to be damn near impossible if you're starting from scratch :lol:

Good luck :yesway:

That krogan with the geth you were talking about is one of the toughest fights in the game.
Yes, it sucked massively. :lol: Especially since I had Garrus, who dies immediately, and no biotic anything to try and stop the bastard from charging in and shitting on me. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts