Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Alex Wade did something like this and nailed Meshuggah's Stengah tone to the bone.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
This guy is awesome. He made a few impulse packs that he copied the EQ curves from different songs./riffs Lots of metal stuff. Google ToneVampire IR's... should come up in the ampmodeling forum.

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
I saw this awhile ago. I've been really excited to try it, but I currently don't know how to load up a song/guitar track mono instead of a stereo recording. So it will be me playing a mono track and copying a stereo tracks tone. It doesn't work out the same.

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
Can you only copy the tone from a single mono track? Like without drums and stuff? How do you make a mono track out of a song that is already mixed stereo?

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Can you only copy the tone from a single mono track? Like without drums and stuff? How do you make a mono track out of a song that is already mixed stereo?
Well I have the stems for Dream Theater's Black Clouds and Silver Linings, so I just used that. I took a part where there was only 1 guitar playing, and turned that clip into a mono file. Then I played over it with my current tone, and so on. It does actually work rather well.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
How do people actually get the stems anyway?
Well in that case, they came with the super duper edition of the CD (which my friend got. As much as I love DT, I was not going to spend that kind of money on them :lol:). I think sometimes you can find them in torrents, or you can find the "stems" for guitar hero versions on the webernetz. I dunno...the DT ones are the only ones that I have.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aaah, thanks dude. I always see them over at the Sneap forum, and always wondered how the fuck those guys were able to extract them, so to speak. :lol:

·
First post guy
224 Posts
Coolest trick I have learned in a while!!! I also have discovered that you can do this for a master mix, as well (without the IR part). As long as it's in the same key, and obviously has the kind of sound you are going for! I got great results both ways!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts