Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mayones put this wonderful instrument together for me. Apart from slightly different wood choices this guitar is unique in that it has both an Evertune bridge and True Temperament Formula 1 Frets. It is a masterclass in the technology that is available to keep your guitar in tune and well intonated across all strings and the run of the fretboard.

First Impressions:
I haven't had this for long but right off the bat, the Evertune and True Temperament frets are such a match made in heaven that I think that this might be a very common combination in the future. Both work exactly as advertised and don't really have any downsides nor do they compromise the guitar in anyway. The fit and finish of the guitar are also absolutely top notch as you can see in the pictures.

The guitar itself sounds fantastic and Mayones seems to really just up their game and quality every year. The NAMM guitars this year were just at a whole new level and this is amazing in that way as well. I think the Wenge based neck deepens the timbre of the guitar a bit which is really nice, makes the purr nice and deep.

The one slight qualm I have with the guitar is my own fault. I should have specified that I like jumbo frets, the frets on the guitar are shorter, so as much as chords feel good, it's not so good on bends and vibrato. But in the grand scheme it's not a big deal at all, and still plays rather wonderfully overall.

Specs are:
Quilted Maple Top in Blue to White Burst
White Korina Body
Wenge/Mahogany/Padouk/Maple Neck Thru
25.4" Scale
Ebony Fingerboard
16" Radius
Luminlay Side Dots in Blue
Evertune Model F Bridge
Hipshot Grip Lock Tuners
True Temperament Formula 1 Frets
Tusq Graphite Nut
Bareknuckle Aftermath Pickups

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
:holy:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Would a compensated nut give any benefit on a setup like that?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I would love to try a true temperment neck like that. Cool guitar. :yesway:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
That burst is fucking amazing. Awesome guitar man. Totally jealous!

I've played wenge necks before on bass and they are great. The only problem with wenge is its typically real hard to cut so its brutal on the woodworking equipment.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Gorgeous guitar, how many blue guitars does that one make? number 5,000?

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WTF Misha, do you have a warehouse to store all these guitars? :lol:

Seriously, though, that's fucking amazing.
Haha it's the cases more than the guitars that take up space, I have been selling all the stuff that has been getting neglected lately haha

1 - 20 of 32 Posts