·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did anyone catch the interview he gave to Bob Costas on MLB Network last night?? Apparently the steroids were just so he could get back on to the field after injuries and had NOTHING to do with his homerun numbers or his size.

Note to McGwire and his advisors: This looks and sounds worse than what he did in front of congress in 2005. If you're going to come clean with this stuff you might as well actually tell the truth.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hope none of those guys (mcgwire,bonds,clemens, etc...) get elected into the hall of fame.
:agreed:

I just finished reading a couple books that came out recently on Clemens and the steroid allegations. There is in no way that he's ever getting elected to into the hall of fame. The fucked up part about these guys (McGwire, Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, etc.) is that they really believe what they say is true. Clemens has pretty much decided he never took steroids and that's how he's sees it. I would put Clemens even below McGwire. At least McGwire more or less admitted using steroids in 2005 when he said "I'm not here to talk about the past".

And Maris still owns the single season homerun record as far as I'm concerned. When you think about the size of the parks back then, the lack of any real physical training, fewer teams and better pitchers and the biggie, no performance enhancing drugs. Maris did it the hard way.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think we should form a congressional committee, spend millions of tax-payer dollars to review the performance drug policy of what amounts to a kids game. :rolleyes:
I agree it seems ludicrous to spend taxpayer dollars on something like this, but if I had a young boy who idolized one of these guys who has been taking steroids and cheated his way to the top, I would want him to know how wrong and unsafe this really is. This whole steroid thing goes deep into sports all the way down to the high school level. There needs to be some type of example set, so youth finally understand the ramifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.