Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think we should form a congressional committee, spend millions of tax-payer dollars to review the performance drug policy of what amounts to a kids game. :rolleyes:

Why not just drug test these fuckers and if they pop - suspend them for a year just like combat sports - or let's decide once and for all that we really don't give a fuck and let them take what ever they want.

When McGwire spoke in front of congress was he under oath? If so shouldn't there be some kind of charges involved?

What a douche -

Oh yeah fuck the Yankees :cool:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I agree it seems ludicrous to spend taxpayer dollars on something like this, but if I had a young boy who idolized one of these guys who has been taking steroids and cheated his way to the top, I would want him to know how wrong and unsafe this really is. This whole steroid thing goes deep into sports all the way down to the high school level. There needs to be some type of example set, so youth finally understand the ramifications.
As you can tell I'm a little apathetic to the whole situation but shouldn't it be an issue that the Baseball commission deals with? Frankly no one want's to deal with it because the sport is money driven.

How about if a player pop's positive for banned substances - he is suspended for a year without pay and will be required to visit high schools and give talks about the ills of steroid use - if he refuses then he gets a lifetime ban from the sport. You hit these guys in their wallet - this shit will stop. IMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.