Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blankplank was round with his new zilla and a mates 5150. The S100 was left out for SOME REASON, ANTON. (As I type this hes in the room and feel a bit daft)

Conclusions:
Bogner = WIN.
Zilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orange. The orange is mine. This annoys me.
CL100 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5150
Legras fucking slay.
Also, that SLSMG has the first evar made Aftermath in it. I got it over a year before release, and I gave it the name The Aftermath...Chris ;) :flex: :D

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
That Legra looks nice. More info?
IIRC correctly, it's a mix of Mahogany, Maple, and Dark Red Meranti, with a Rosewood FB (which I think is Indian, possibly Brazilian). 5 or 7 piece neck-thru, mahogany and maple, Schaller M6 locking tuners, Schaller Hannes bridge, and EMG 81/85 combo.

This could all be COMPLETELY wrong though, as this is all from a long ago conversation :lol: I DO know there's a build thread over on BKP Forums, look for Legra Aurora in Google.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You dont recall correctly.

The neck through is 5 piece; centre is walnut, thats flanked by 2 strips of maple, then the outer sections are DRM (dark red metanti).

The body wings have DRM cores that are sandwhiched in 5mm thick peices of maple (that just happens to have a nice little bit of flame)

The top/veneer is 5mm cocobolo.

FB is indian rosewood.

Blanketyplank got the hardware right. Except the Earvana nut. Edit: and the neck is a 60. The 85 is in the MDV602 neck now.

The DRM is in it so much since it has a low end and mid thats rather like mahogany, but tighter, and a top end attack and chime thats a lot like swamp ash. Maple was used as reinforcement and to add extra attack. All the woods were handchosen. The multiply neck is for stability and vibration transmission and the wings were made as a few layers so that they could benefit from bieing a stiffer ply, that will transmit vibration better, without going nuts on the ply-ing and making a guitar with lots of glue. Though, all bonds are wood;wood theres no excess glue anywhere in the guitar, its all soaked into wood surfaces like it bloody well should be.

Some better pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts