Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I think I MAY have seen the trailer for this but if it's the one I'm thinking of, I was going in between falling asleep and making out with lady-friend so I could be totally wrong.

From what I remember hearing about it, is that it's supposed to be a more mature version of the original and shit which I look forward to since Medal of Honor has always seemed WAY too easy.

·
Party Röcker
1,372 Posts
I was wondering when they'd follow CoD out of the 1940s properly... hopefully one of them makes a modern war game with a single-player campaign that I won't accidentally blink through...

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I played it last night and tonight. I hate the battle campaign (can't remember its proper name....Combat something) mode. It's too similar to Bad Company 2, but with all of its best elements removed. It's also far too friendly on snipers.

The Sector Control mode is the best part of the game. It's incredibly similar in feel to CS. The (quick) respawn gives it much more of an arcade feel, but it really does seem like the game has the same dynamic. You rarely survive a gun battle. Like CS, as long as everyone's going for a headshot, they come down to who fires first.

The lack of communication and squads is an enormous drawback for me. Gameplay just feels wild and directionless. The only ones who do well are the bastard snipers ******* off in their nooks and crannies.

The beta's been good because it's convinced me I don't need to buy it. It's reasonably good fun, but I've got both games it esssentially feels like.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
just another console game ported to pc. but I won't make up my mind until I've tried the release.
I loved the original moh on multiplayer, it was fast and cs'y.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I played it last night and tonight. I hate the battle campaign (can't remember its proper name....Combat something) mode. It's too similar to Bad Company 2, but with all of its best elements removed. It's also far too friendly on snipers.

The Sector Control mode is the best part of the game. It's incredibly similar in feel to CS. The (quick) respawn gives it much more of an arcade feel, but it really does seem like the game has the same dynamic. You rarely survive a gun battle. Like CS, as long as everyone's going for a headshot, they come down to who fires first.

The lack of communication and squads is an enormous drawback for me. Gameplay just feels wild and directionless. The only ones who do well are the bastard snipers ******* off in their nooks and crannies.

The beta's been good because it's convinced me I don't need to buy it. It's reasonably good fun, but I've got both games it esssentially feels like.
Damn. I just pre-ordered it the other day. Now I'm not looking forward to it anymore, haha.

I do get to play the BF3 beta though :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts