Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a good collection of mp3s and movies going and I was wondering if there is a program out there that con organize them into some semblance of order?

Having the ability to convert the files to all be the same file type would be a huge plus as well.

I have tried MediaMonkey but it has a major flaw. I want my file names to be "01 - Song Name.mp3" but it doesn't use the place holding "0" for the numbers less than 10 :mad:

Any suggestions?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I've never really found a utility that does it well enough to handle big collections. Anything that automates will automate fuck-ups across the board, and you'll end up with errors all over the place.

The only real way (in my experience, anyway) is to start with a naming scheme and stick with it, and just slowly rename everything manually as you have time/boredom. :(

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never really found a utility that does it well enough to handle big collections. Anything that automates will automate fuck-ups across the board, and you'll end up with errors all over the place.

The only real way (in my experience, anyway) is to start with a naming scheme and stick with it, and just slowly rename everything manually as you have time/boredom. :(
This makes me sad panda :(

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I dig the hell out of Rhythmbox & Audio Tag Tool. But they're on ubuntu . :/

ATT is great, cause if it has the ID3 info in the file, you can make it convert the file names to match a preset naming scheme. And you can also tag from file names if you fill in the band & album info.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
No. :lol:

Since my collection is, uh, similar to yours :lol:, I'll say this. I started with about twice that many before I pruned out a lot of the crap/shit I just didn't want, and every auto-tag thing was a nightmare at the end because if they don't have ID3, they either best-guess it, or you end up with 4958349 MP3s named 01 - Track 01.mp3.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No. :lol:

Since my collection is, uh, similar to yours :lol:, I'll say this. I started with about twice that many before I pruned out a lot of the crap/shit I just didn't want, and every auto-tag thing was a nightmare at the end because if they don't have ID3, they either best-guess it, or you end up with 4958349 MP3s named 01 - Track 01.mp3.
Damn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts