·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Man, this song blows. :noway:

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Song is okay at best.
Goddamn, Chris Broderick's solo is so fucking plain vanilla.
He may have the technical chops, but it's like he doesn't even bother to try to use any interesting phrasing or melodic flair like Marty did, which is a shame, because I'm sure Broderick could do it, but I suppose he only needs to write a minimum standard of guitar solos and he gets a pay check.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
IMO, Broderick's solos have always been technically amazing, but add nothing to the song. I love Jag Panzer, but his solos always seemed like technical exercises more than a musical "piece". I would love to have his chops, obviously, but I just don't "get" his solos for the most part.

Horses for courses, of course.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
IMO, Broderick's solos have always been technically amazing, but add nothing to the song. I love Jag Panzer, but his solos always seemed like technical exercises more than a musical "piece". I would love to have his chops, obviously, but I just don't "get" his solos for the most part.

Horses for courses, of course.
I generally agree - his best playing is on "Thane to the Throne", where he's doing some more interesting stuff, and his stuff on the last one had some moments, but he doesn't connect emotionally to me as a player.

Then again, recent Megadeth doesn't connect with me AT ALL, so...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.