Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, Megadeth's new album "Dystopia" came out today and guys, there is some sick moments on it! :yesway:

I haven't been able to go buy the album since I am snowed in. However, Spotify has been so kind.
Kiko is straight lit on this album!
Anyway, check out some of this:

Classical Guitar, Choirs and Strings. What's not to love?

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
I just picked it up and will give it a spin tomorrow.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Wow this is just proof that I am getting old (and I am 32). I once hailed Megadeth as my favorite band but I was completely oblivious that they released a new album today.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Yeah, I'm a Megadeth fan from way back (I'm about to turn 51) and while I think the guitar work is still there on this album, Dave's vocals are shot.

Still, I'm probably going to buy the whole album just because it's a trip back to old-school Megadeth.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
I'm liking the classic Megadeth style, with the weird arrangements, fast riffs and Kiko's shred thrown in. Also, although I didn't mind Drover, I think Adler's drumming is a step up. Nicely done.
Lyrics ripped directly from Fox News
Too true :lol: for example,
The Messiah or mass murderer, no controlling who comes through the door
You alright there, Trump?

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
That Bullet to the Brain video video is wrong - it's the first track off the album (The Threat is Real) and slowed down.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Man I listened to the first two tracks posted and I just can't get into this stuff. Yeah, it's Megadeth, but not the Megadeth that I love and appreciate. There's some aspects of the songs that are cool, but I probably will not be purchasing this album.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts