Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

An idea i've been working on... for bass i used what someone (don't remember who) suggested on this forum - recorded it on clean guitar... lowered it by 1 octave and then used a VST bass preamp on it...

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Guitars sound really indistinct - I'd cut down the low end significantly and roll back the gain, they're kind of murky and fuzzy all at once. Riffing's cool, though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the tips Drew

Dialed back the low end of the guitars... gain wise, i don't know i kinda like it but maybe that is just me. I'll try re-recording the guitars with less gain tomorrow to see if it is better

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! :metal:

Still not sure about the guitar tone. I like it but i'll record with a different tone soon and see if it fits better... if not then nothing is lost :D

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
What are you recording it through? It still sounds indistinct to me - the bass cut helped, but you could still carve out quite a lot more, IMO.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I think that sounds much better. I like dark sounding, especially for what you're going for. I don't think they sound too distant, just need to be brought a little more "out front" and I have absolutely no ideas or suggestions as to how!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that sounds much better. I like dark sounding, especially for what you're going for. I don't think they sound too distant, just need to be brought a little more "out front" and I have absolutely no ideas or suggestions as to how!
i like dark sounding aswell... it's just a tad bit distant and it bothers me for some reason :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.