Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the info. The amp definitely had a great heavy sound, but there was a persistent hum even on standby. Learned that it was bought used from GC. Walked away from that one. Hopefully I have better luck with the head unit.
The Road King has a lot of tubes (6 power tubes, 2 rectifier tubes, and 5 preamp tubes), so it gets hot. To combat this, it uses a fan to help cool the amp. The fan doesn't make any sound through the speakers, but it does make "a persistent hum" that is audible when not playing. Could it have been the fan that you heard?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Holy shit, that green croc skin is fucking awesome! I should get my Roadking re-done in that to match my Stiletto :D

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Well I had a chance to try out the face melting awesomeness of the 100w dual rectifier head today. Happy to say that I'm its papa now. Pics attached!
I considered one of those, but thought with only 20 knobs and 8 switches it probably suffered from that "just one sound" thing, which I hate.

:rofl:

j/k dude, Congrats, and the green croc does indeed look awesome :)

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Well I had a chance to try out the face melting awesomeness of the 100w dual rectifier head today. Happy to say that I'm its papa now. Pics attached!
Oh yeah. You chose well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts