·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Saw that yesterday. Very cool :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watch the video chat with Randall Smith. It is highly enlightening, and he dispels a lot of snake oil myths.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Thanks for the post Dave, this is one awesome interview and very educational.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Watch the video chat with Randall Smith. It is highly enlightening, and he dispels a lot of snake oil myths.
It's pretty damned cool listening to the guy. :yesway:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
It's pretty damned cool listening to the guy. :yesway:
Indeed. It also explains the Mini well, because to me it felt like the Studio 22 in some ways.

I wonder how old Randall is. He's been doing this a long time.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder how old Randall is. He's been doing this a long time.
He's gotta be around sixty, if you assume he was around twenty when he started modifying amps for people in 1969.

What I really admire about the man is how current he remains. How many guys his age are just churning out boutique Fender clones? Meanwhile, Smith is designing high gain amplifiers aimed at the metal crowd.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
He's gotta be around sixty, if you assume he was around twenty when he started modifying amps for people in 1969.

What I really admire about the man is how current he remains. How many guys his age are just churning out boutique Fender clones? Meanwhile, Smith is designing high gain amplifiers aimed at the metal crowd.
:agreed:

To listen to him, you can really hear how much of an innovator he is, and how really, really into his job he is.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Awesome tour but the video was definitely the best part. The entrepreneur in me was really entertained by the "revisiting the doghouse" clip in the related videos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts